Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #4

Who is the Islanders #4 Prospect?

• Iskhakov, Ruslan - F (2018: 43rd OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skarek, Jakub - G (2018: 72nd OVR)

• Vande Sompel, Mitchell - D (2015: 82nd OVR)

• Wilde, Bode - D (2018: 41st OVR)

• Wotherspoon, Parker - D (2015: 112nd OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The enigmatic Russian goaltender Ilya Sorokin wins the third poll to take his spot as the Isles third best prospect. Plz plz plz come to North America Ilya, New York is such an interesting place to live for a soon-to-be millionaire professional athlete.

Parker Wotherspoon aka "The Spoon" has been added to the poll with 12 "add" votes. Other prospects receiving votes:

Salo - 6
Dal Colle - 3
Koivula - 2
Quenneville - 2
Golyshev - 1

-------------------------

1. Oliver Wahlstrom - C/RW - 11th OVR, 2018 - USNDP/Boston College (NCAA)
2. Noah Dobson - RD - 12th OVR, 2018 - Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL)
3. Ilya Sorokin - G - 78th OVR, 2014 - CSKA Moscow (KHL)

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Close for me between Bellows and Ho-Sang, you can make a case against either but going with Bellows as I feel Ho-Sang might just be his own worst enemy. Hope I'm wrong though.

Add Rathgeb, max ELC and I think he's a sneaky pick to make the Islanders pretty soon.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I went with Ho-Sang. I have seen him be electric in the NHL. Bellows is next IMO.

Add Dal Colle

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Add Dal Colle-
Second would Be Quenneville or Rathgeb
How is Salo above these guys?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Okay so what’s the deal with Sorokin - I know he is good, but what is his contract status?

I expressed this earlier, my gut says Bellows as a safer bet to make the NHL should be #3

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Went Ho-Sang here (and in the previous poll) but Bellows is also a good choice. Ho-Sang is closer to contributing if he can pull his head together, and if he does I think his impact ceiling will be higher than Bellows as well.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Top 5 seem set in stone here, will get fun after that...went with Bellows here

Add MDC

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
This is going to be a good one. JHS for me; has already demonstrated an ability to contribute in the pros and I believe his upside is higher.

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
Toews add koivula
Don’t think Ho-Sang ever ends up making it as much as I want him to. Bellows has a lot of question marks imo, although the upside is certainly there. Toews has the skating and vision as well as positioning to be top 4 as soon as this year. We’ll see

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Bellows, add Salo

JHS has had an impact at the NHL level (both good and bad), but it's worrisome that it hasn't translated to the AHL. heart is questionable. i think LL is equally likely to give him a fair shake, or trade him. idk right now, but i am ok with either option. i trust LL...

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Bellows, add Salo

JHS has had an impact at the NHL level (both good and bad), but it's worrisome that it hasn't translated to the AHL. heart is questionable. i think LL is equally likely to give him a fair shake, or trade him. idk right now, but i am ok with either option. i trust LL...
Sometimes players games are better suited for the NHL than AHL. I think that's the case for Ho-Sang. I think it's good that he's been able to be down there and perform, but his game is much better suited for the NHL.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Newbie pick and I am going with Bellows. Ho-Sang is equally if not even more talented but he is clearly his own worse enemy. Hopefully Trotz can get him to put things together because we need him on the wing to help our not so sexy centers (aside from MB).

Add Rathgeb

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Tough call between Bellows and JHS. They are both talented with very different skills.

Ultimately I went with Bellows, just because he seems to have the drive to get to the NHL as fast as possible and the team can always use a shooter alongside play makers like Barzal, Bailey, etc.

I also want to see if JHS finally gets it and if he has a clean slate with the new staff. Hopefully he does get a clean shake though and he should be motivated.

Add Salo. He has lots of International experience (always a plus) and is playing against good competition in Liiga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad