Is Voting Craig Anderson into the all star game a good idea?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
No, because it would kinda suck for him to get suspended for spending the weekend with his family.

If hypothetically Anderson got voted in and declined to go becasue he wanted to spend some time with his wife who recently got diagnosed with cancer, would the NHL really have the audacity to suspend him? That would be a **** move considering all the hockey fights cancer stuff going on right now.

I would be willing to bet that the NHL would make an exception in Andersons case.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The all star game is a joke for the most part.

Did you see who got voted in last year and got awarded the MVP of the game?

It was a nice moment and all, but let's not act like the game is sacred or prestigious....

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If hypothetically Anderson got voted in and declined to go becasue he wanted to spend some time with his wife who recently got diagnosed with cancer, would the NHL really have the audacity to suspend him? That would be a **** move considering all the hockey fights cancer stuff going on right now.

I would be willing to bet that the NHL would make an exception in Andersons case.

That would be the dumbest suspension of all time.

Completely asinine.

The NHL never ceases to amaze me, but I'd have to think they'd give Craig Anderson a pass under the circumstances. It would be the most controversial decision and suspension in league history.

Considering the circumstances.

1mjp

May 13, 2016
For real I think the compassion is going a little too far... it's starting to feel more like pity for this guy.

Maybe he just wants to be left alone about his personal life. Maybe it's a family matter.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
If he has great stats by the time voting is up, then sure.

So you're saying that John Scott and Rory Fitzpatrick (came short a few thousands votes) had great stats...?

like you said though... I also find it stupid to nominate players for the sake of it... the NHL should get their own players, or choose who we can vote for

While we're at it, we could also nominate Stu Bickell... "Sad" Stu we be happy about the situation :popcorn:

3506qzq.jpg

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
It is a good idea if you want to see him in the all-star game, and it is an idea that at least makes sense if you are a fan of the next team his team faces after the all-star game and also you are a monster.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think that if his play warrants it, then sure. If he chooses to opt out, I don't think anyone would fault him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Personal opinion is no don't vote him in. Family is the much higher priority, let him have the time to be with his family. There is a ton of cancer awareness, him making the game isn't going to add much to it.

If he earns it and wants to play then that is his decision. Don't give him a sympathy/awareness vote, let him be with his family instead.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They way Ottawa defensive game is coming along ,Andy could have a good year.But then again he has never been the weak link on this team

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Absolutely if he wants to. ASG is a joke anyway. It should be fan experience. Not some half and half of selecting best players and also having fan input. If you want it to be best vs best then have coaches select team

If you want fan experience then you are going to have fan favourites but not best on best. But who cares.

Id love to see Anderson in there. Hed actually try and itd be a cool thing to see.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
He can always decline if he wishes to do that instead.

But the thought behind inducting him is nice.

At any rate, he wouldn't be anywhere near the weirdest vote-in to an all star game. Not by a long shot....

And he could get suspended one game for refusing to go. Not sure if the NHL would, given the circumstances, I hope they wouldn't. But why put him in that spot.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He should only get in if the stats say so. None of us are winning awards at work when our loved ones get sick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad