Is Voting Craig Anderson into the all star game a good idea?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
So considering his off ice family struggles is voting him into the all star game a good way to show him we support him? Also it gives a great platform to raise awareness and funds for cancer research.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
If he has All-Star numbers, sure.

I can't speak for Anderson, but not everyone wants the John Scott treatment.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
It would be a nice gesture but I suspect he might prefer to spend the All Star break with his family. There are probably other ways to support his family; the NHL has various Hockey Fights Cancer activities.

If his stats put him in the picture, then it would be a great achievement and he could always turn down the invite if he was needed at home.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It would be a nice gesture but I suspect he might prefer to spend the All Star break with his family. There are probably other ways to support his family; the NHL has various Hockey Fights Cancer activities.

If his stats put him in the picture, then it would be a great achievement and he could always turn down the invite if he was needed at home.

I think this is the best response. He was also pretty hush-hush about this, since it seems like they knew about it since training camp, when he took a leave of absence back then. He was also very appreciative of the media in Ottawa keeping it under wraps. I don't think he wants to draw even more attention to this, let alone the fact that he'll probably want to spend the weekend with her anyways.

Evergreen

Why can't we just vote the best players into the All-Star Game? Why does there have to be some "show of support" for an otherwise undeserving player?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Let him be with his wife instead. Trying to force him into the all-star game would suck for him

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Come on...what now every time someone is in an unfortunate situation we need to vote them into the All Star game?

I wouldn't want to be voted into the all star game if the reason was because my wife has cancer...they have are completely unrelated.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
At some point I feel families/athletes/celebs don't want that much attention put on them especially if it's because of a very personal matter, but I don't know.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Let him be with his wife.. I bet its a tough time for him. He didn't even want to leave her to play yesterday.. she kinda just told him to go because Ottawa was down both there goalies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No, because it would kinda suck for him to get suspended for spending the weekend with his family.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
This is what I was afraid of. It seems like that John Scott thing was a mistake after all.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Let him be with his family and do something like everyone wear his jersey in warm-ups. I wouldn't be surprised to see Karlsson in his jersey in the festivities at some point during the skills competition.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
This is what I was afraid of. It seems like that John Scott thing was a mistake after all.

The John Scott thing was to show the NHL how stupid their voting system is. That was fine.

It's when they tried to put him aside that things got complicated... followed the trade and... you know the rest.

Before that, those kind of things were neven meant to show support to a player, it was to make fun of the system.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It would turn into something like, "I'm honored to be voted in but want to spend time with my family." Pretty sure the NHL would make an exception for that without a suspension, but still not much of a point in doing it. Take the 4 day break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad