Confirmed with Link: Is Vegas top destination for Alex Pietrangelo? UPD: LeBrun reports 7x$8.8m deal in the works...DONE

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Take this with a grain of salt, but a blues fan who knows people that are connected with the Petro situation posted on the main boards saying that Petro is having a last minute change of heart and is now negotiating again with the Blues ownership.

Wouldn't shock me to see him go back. Don't know how they would pull it off cap wise.

Would suck though considering we put all our cards in on him just for him to go back to the Blues.

But i wouldn't blame him for going back.

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
Take this with a grain of salt, but a blues fan who knows people that are connected with the Petro situation posted on the main boards saying that Petro is having a last minute change of heart and is now negotiating again with the Blues ownership.

Wouldn't shock me to see him go back. Don't know how they would pull it off cap wise.

Would suck though considering we put all our cards in on him just for him to go back to the Blues.

U know he is looking at 8 million less of a contact than he was in srl

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Did we put all our cards in on him, though? We traded off Stastny to make room for Panda. We haven't traded off Schmidt yet. We have a team that went to WCF pretty much as-is.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Probably not getting the contract he thought he would because the market is softer and the Knights have to do so much to fit him in. Would be interesting to see if it didn't work out, how would Nate take it? He knows its a business and of course he's been on multiple teams before, maybe it energizes him to keep growing and improve some aspects of his game.

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
There trying to avoid tampering charges blues said 2 weeks ago he wouldn't budge with them and alex won't pick up the phone to the guy that drafted him in columbus

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There trying to avoid tampering charges blues said 2 weeks ago he wouldn't budge with them and alex won't pick up the phone to the guy that drafted him in columbus

Fairly obvious by now that Brooks is full of hot air and there was no (obvious) tampering.

I liked it better when the buzzards were circling Tampa.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

This is standard offseason changes for the most part so far. Vegas would want to shed cap and trade Stastny in many respects regardless of Pietrangelo. That might have been to fit Lehner or just if they thought they needed a retool or even to free up space to utilize their expansion draft exemption.

The team had trouble scoring goals at points this season so moving a forward or two would not be unheard of even without Pietrangelo. They apparently looked into a few more RHD besides Pietrangelo as they think we have a need ansthat would possibly facilitate a defenseman leaving the other way.

Not saying it isn't tough for them but I don't remember the tweets for Tatar, Miller or Haula when we offloaded them in changes season after season or when we let Neal, Perron and Bellemare walk.

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
Fairly obvious by now that Brooks is full of hot air and there was no (obvious) tampering.

I liked it better when the buzzards were circling Tampa.
Lol is that why petro said he wanted to stay in STL and suddenly changed course u guys are toast when he signs Armstrong signing krug on day 1 tells u this

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If the GMs are smart they give him a deadline. There are lots of other deals that could be made and of course they all depend on this one happening or not. If he doesn't decide by end of business today then I think it moves past the "deciding" phase and into the "using you for negotiation" phase. Frankly I'm starting to lean on passing on him and the risks he will pose, but we all know ownership and one of the GMs are very much wanting to get this done.

Reactions: execwrite1

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

This is the bed Mcphee and Mcrimmon have made for themselves. I don't blame them for trying to better the team, but dragging it out this long and looking at dealing so many different guys and having word get out was never going to go well in the room. Especially on the heels of the Fleury and Gallant situations.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
If the GMs are smart they give him a deadline. There are lots of other deals that could be made and of course they all depend on this one happening or not. If he doesn't decide by end of business today then I think it moves past the "deciding" phase and into the "using you for negotiation" phase. Frankly I'm starting to lean on passing on him and the risks he will pose, but we all know ownership and one of the GMs are very much wanting to get this done.

That sure is what it seems like. Could be that's exactly how Armstrong felt in St. Louis. If Petro is letting his agents call the shots he's allowing this mess of a negotiation to get way out of hand.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This is the bed Mcphee and Mcrimmon have made for themselves. I don't blame them for trying to better the team, but dragging it out this long and looking at dealing so many different guys and having word get out was never going to go well in the room. Especially on the heels of the Fleury and Gallant situations.

Agreed. Who will take hometown discounts with this everyone is just an asset mindset being publicly out there? In truth everyone is an asset and that's the way the sports business works, but you'd think the GMs figure out what moves they will make and be quick about them. Don't gauge the market for every player, have discussions with other teams and then wait to see what works best. Decide I'm going for this guy so I'm willing to let this guy go, then do it.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
That sure is what it seems like. Could be that's exactly how Armstrong felt in St. Louis. If Petro is letting his agents call the shots he's allowing this mess of a negotiation to get way out of hand.
This could be Alex fighting with his agent

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Agreed. Who will take hometown discounts with this everyone is just an asset mindset being publicly out there? In truth everyone is an asset and that's the way the sports business works, but you'd think the GMs figure out what moves they will make and be quick about them. Don't gauge the market for every player, have discussions with other teams and then wait to see what works best. Decide I'm going for this guy so I'm willing to let this guy go, then do it.

We have had few take discounts anyway and the players who are on the most reasonable contracts, Karlsson, Theodore, etc. are the ones not being talked about in trade discussions, so I would imagine they would feel their reasonable numbers got them some extra security from trades.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The longer this takes, the more I believe he is just waiting for the Blues to clear cap

And ffs get out of our board blues fan.

Come in and tell us our team is toast or what not. Get the f*** out of here with that shit.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

And a look at what might need to happen to get cap compliant.

(They can put guys in AHL and get up to $1m in cap relief -- assuming they clear waivers.)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad