Confirmed with Link: Is Vegas top destination for Alex Pietrangelo? UPD: LeBrun reports 7x$8.8m deal in the works...DONE

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The only other destination i can see for him is Colorado.

Leafs are out considering they signed Brodie.
Blues are out considering they signed Krug, but did tell Petro to keep them in the loop.
Bruins are out considering they never even got into contact with him
Columbus are out considering Jarmo just said that their talks with the top free agents didn't work out.

Florida might be the other one, but i just don't see it.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Only concern is MAF needs to be the cap they move out to fit him. Moving Schmidt would be an upgrade, but not as big imo.

Schmidt-Pietrangelo
Martinez-Theodore
McNabb-Whitecloud

Much better than have MAF sit on the bench half the year.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Armstrong told him he would sign him back
I don't see that happening as much as I want it too. The door is closed for Petro to return to the Blues. It's Vegas or bust.

If Pietrangelo signs with you, You are going to love him. With the game he plays he will age very well. He relies much more on intelligence, positioning, and a good stick than physical tools. I describe as a magician in his own end and a horse all over the ice. He is also a genuine and great person.

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
I don't see that happening as much as I want it too. The door is closed for Petro to return to the Blues. It's Vegas or bust.

If Pietrangelo signs with you, You are going to love him. With the game he plays he will age very well. He relies much more on intelligence, positioning, and a good stick than physical tools. I describe as a magician in his own end and a horse all over the ice. He is also a genuine and great person.
I'm a blues fan

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I know. I am too at least I'm trying to be

Trying to be?

Sorry, but get out with that bs.

You guys just won a cup ffs.

You know what I would do just to see one cup in my lifetime?

I know losing Petro hurts. Trust me, i know what it is like to lose a very important player to your team. As a Sens fan, i have witnessed Alfredsson (face of the franchise) just leave and sign with another team. I am not even going to mention all the other important players just traded away.

But at least you guys have a cup and i believe your team will still be a competitive even without Petro.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Trying to be?

I know losing Petro hurts. Trust me, i know what it is like to lose a very important player to your team. As a Sens fan, i have witnessed Alfredsson (face of the franchise) just leave and sign with another team. I am not even going to mention all the other important players just traded away.

But at least you guys have a cup and i believe your team will still be a competitive even without Petro.

I apologize for my attitude. I'm still a Blues fan but I'm just upset because we had a great contending team and our idiot GM dismantled it. Once again I apologize for my attitude. The Blues are going to miss Pietrangelo.

If Pietrangelo signs with you, I wish him nothing but the best, You guys are going to love him. I hope Petro and the Golden Knights win a cup:)

HarvHQC

Aug 12, 2020
Only concern is MAF needs to be the cap they move out to fit him. Moving Schmidt would be an upgrade, but not as big imo.

Schmidt-Pietrangelo
Martinez-Theodore
McNabb-Whitecloud

Much better than have MAF sit on the bench half the year.
Came here to see what the feeling is about Schmidt. One of the possible uses I've seen discussed for our (Winnipeg's) spending money from Bryan Little's LTIR designation would be to do Vegas a second solid by taking on Schmidt's contract in order to free up that last chunk of your cap space for Pietrangelo.

Would result in 1A-1B pairings of DeMelo-Morrissey and Schmidt-Pionk, I'd guess. Didn't watch Vegas much during the year, but a glance at Natural Stat Trick suggests that Schmidt ate more than his share of defensive zone starts and tough minutes and still did decently to drive possession. Maybe not $6M worth of "decently," but no slouch. Fair?

(...and what would Schmidt-to-WPG take from your perspective?)

EDIT: To make this more on-topic, would also be curious to hear if moving Schmidt is something that's kinda expected as a domino that will fall if/when Pietrangelo signs, or if it sounds like an out-of-left-field suggestion coming from other teams' fans.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Came here to see what the feeling is about Schmidt. One of the possible uses I've seen discussed for our (Winnipeg's) spending money from Bryan Little's LTIR designation would be to do Vegas a second solid by taking on Schmidt's contract in order to free up that last chunk of your cap space for Pietrangelo.

Would result in 1A-1B pairings of DeMelo-Morrissey and Schmidt-Pionk, I'd guess. Didn't watch Vegas much during the year, but a glance at Natural Stat Trick suggests that Schmidt ate more than his share of defensive zone starts and tough minutes and still did decently to drive possession. Maybe not $6M worth of "decently," but no slouch. Fair?

(...and what would Schmidt-to-WPG take from your perspective?)

EDIT: To make this more on-topic, would also be curious to hear if moving Schmidt is something that's kinda expected as a domino that will fall if/when Pietrangelo signs, or if it sounds like an out-of-left-field suggestion coming from other teams' fans.

His name has been out there so it wouldn't be a huge shock. It just wouldn't make much sense if you're looking at his term and usage. He would be the ideal partner for Petro, and when he's 34 and his cap hit comes off the books, that's 5m that can go to re-signing Theodore.

Reactions: HarvHQC

HarvHQC

Aug 12, 2020
Looks like we might get a non-hypothetical answer to this trade value question...

EDIT: Whoops, not an official account. Big-time sorry for that premature link, Vegas fans.

Reactions: hangman005

blues80

Dec 10, 2018
Trying to be?

No they won't the blues might as well year it down

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Would suck to see Nate go, but to sign Pietrangelo they need cap room. Unfortunately trading Fleury without giving up tons of assets isn't happening.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada

tenor.gif

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I really hate the media.

Oh, the contract may be signed tonight.

Schmidt might be traded to Florida, but wait maybe not.

Then according to Petros close friend, he hasn't made a decision tonight.

You know what, f*** the media. I don't know why i let myself get excited for this shit.

I am just going to assume he goes back to the Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->