Speculation: Is Vancouver going to be able to trade their UFA'S?

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Yeah, that would be scummy. Covid, the flu, the kids have a big test at school on Tuesday, wife has the in-laws coming in for a week-long visit, ... lots of times where guys get traded and it's "inconvenient" for the family.

Maybe there should be a provision in the next CBA where every SPC has a "can't be traded if [list of things] is going on with the family" exception.
Nice. Comparing covid to a test. You really thought that reply out well

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
The only type of chips Jim Benning doesn’t like are trade chips. He’s never sold at a deadline before, don’t expect him to start now.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Van management too stupid to see an opportunity to sell and acquire draft picks.
Even being way out of the playoffs.
They'll sign Pearson and then try to get draft picks at the draft and then complain about prices being high, like usual, because they're morons.

Re sign all the junk, let the best players walk in FA
-benning

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
JB needs to use his players’ covid “immunity” as a selling point

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
As far as i know Edler and Hamonic have no interest in moving.

So the Canucks trading chips are.. Sutter and Benn?

Not like they're missing out on a lot if anything.

Reactions: David71

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Best-case scenario they use conditional trades where they go through if the player is healthy but if they're unable to play the trade is cancelled.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Pearson re-signed. That's probably the only player they could have traded of any value.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This is actually a really good question. Need one of the TSN talking heads to weigh in.

Can a player be traded while on COVID list? Isn't that kind of like being on IR?
Even if they can be, why would any GM trade for a player on the COVID list as a rental. That player could have lung damage or countless other long term symptoms. It isn't worth it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don’t really buy this, Montreal Dallas and Carolina have all had similar outbreak (albeit not variant related) but have bounced back and been fine....
Not with the trade deadline a few days away. They had time for their players to recover. And Montreal's wasn't nearly as bad as Vancouver's is reported to be.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Boston offers a fourth for Virtanen and a fifth for Sutter albeit Brazilian Covid infected - or get nothing for them later.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
All I want is JT Miller for my Xmas present!

I now we got Staal so we pretty much have the center spots overstocked, but I think Miller is a better option and a long term player.

The question is...would any team take a chance?

And then at what price? Certainly a first is there and b-prospects, but I'm sure Canuck fans want at the minimum a 1st and Caufield.

Last edited:

sbertram

Sep 24, 2015
BC
This is Benning we are talking about, he does not deal players for assets, he let's them walk for nothing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There were reports Edler might be willing to waive
The Pearson signing eats up the cap space that the Canucks would have left after they extend Pettersson and Hughes. So, if Edler is looking for $3 mill per on his next deal, it is highly unlikely he would get it from Vancouver.

but, still not sure he would ever waive his NMC to go to another organization as with the ED coming up, the acquiring team won't extend him ala the Sens did with Burrows after the Canucks traded him there.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
GM JB has the Covid excuse to not be able to trade someone, his new ran out of time excuse i suppose...

del17

Dec 26, 2015
I would still be interested in virtanan and edler from the habs and take my chances

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
It's like an episode of Dr. Who:

The Nucks keep 'Running out of time'.

iu.gif

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'd take Hamonic on the Jets. Low risk, I'd say Poolman is better, especially in the speed department, but with Boo Boo gone for the year, a depth PKer would help.

Boosts the depth to Hamonic/Heinola/Niku behind the top 6.

Hamonic should be worth around a 5th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad