Is Thomas Harley still a thing? | Update: he is THE thing

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Hopefully they give him a contract similar to Klingberg's when he first signed. Its only one season so maybe we can get him locked up for 8 years at a pretty reasonable cap hit.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Hopefully they give him a contract similar to Klingberg's when he first signed. Its only one season so maybe we can get him locked up for 8 years at a pretty reasonable cap hit.

I think that Klingberg’s specific situation is definitely the reason his agent won’t let him agree to a deal like that.

Reactions: piqued and LT

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Actually looking into it, his agent has done some reasonable contracts through the years. Notably Draisaitl, Laine, Chychrun. Happens to also be the agent for Wyatt, so looking at a prequel to how next summer will advance.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If you're Harley's agent you're showing up with Jake Sanderson's 8x8 deal as the bare minimum starting point. Harley's better and proven in the playoffs.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you're Harley's agent you're showing up with Jake Sanderson's 8x8 deal as the bare minimum starting point. Harley's better and proven in the playoffs.

One really nice thing about Miro and Roope's deals is it set the ceiling for any of our upcoming deals. That will likely remain until Robertson ends up getting 10+M.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
They can't absorb another 8m+ deal. Not for two+ years.

I would offer Harley 2x5m and a pony.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
They can't absorb another 8m+ deal. Not for two+ years.

I would offer Harley 2x5m and a pony.

It’s definitely going to be in line with the likes of Evan Bouchard and K’andre Miller. Both whom had more proven track records in the NHL, signed for 2 years at around $3.9mil AAV. Noah Dobson had a very similar path in terms of production and signed for 3 x $4mil.

Given the protential rise in the cap, I’d wager he lands in the $3.95-4.2mil range for a 2-3 year extension.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
It’s definitely going to be in line with the likes of Evan Bouchard and K’andre Miller. Both whom had more proven track records in the NHL, signed for 2 years at around $3.9mil AAV. Noah Dobson had a very similar path in terms of production and signed for 3 x $4mil.

Given the protential rise in the cap, I’d wager he lands in the $3.95-4.2mil range for a 2-3 year extension.

This is also fair. I spent zero time researching comparables this time.

Reactions: LT and Johno

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Looking back at that draft, Harley was a steal. He was the 6th defenseman taken overall, and is currently the 2nd best d-man from the entire draft, the first of course being Moritz Seider (6th overall so we had no chance at drafting him). There's a few others with potential to pass him (Byram, York, Vlasic), but right now he's looking pretty good. Kinda crazy that Seider was projected to go around our pick @ 18, but Yzerman took a gamble that paid off. Even with hindsight, looking at that draft there isn't anybody taken after Harley that I'd have drafted over him.

GG Jimmy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad