Is this the worst Leaf squad in team history??

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Yes, we may have 22 wins in 52 games so far, so, it might be hard to argue it. But, let's look at facts here.

This team has proven that the only way they can score goals consistently is by cheating defensively and leaving Bernier oir Reimer to stop 40-50 shots per game

Now, under Horachek they are playing a much more defensive minded system and they couldn't score if their careers depended on it.

These 2 points really speak volumes and it shows me that this team is ALOT worse then their record suggests.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
As someone who saw the 80's teams I would say this is the most gutless,laziest team ever.

This. This team is so weak mentally and physically. It's quite amazing how piss poorly built this team was.

If there ever needed to be a how to on how not to build a competitive hockey team, just look at the Leafs "rebuild" from 2008 till now.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
I'm inclined to call this the worst ever, but they've set records for fewest goals in a month and are about to set the franchise record for longest losing streak.

HKNP67V.gif

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
I thought the Wilson-era teams were bad. They weren't very skilled, had atrocious goalies, and could not score, but at least they tried their best and almost always outplayed other teams(but could not score). This group has better goalies and way more skill, but are soft as butter, lazy, and wildly inconsistent.

In the lock out season, they had a dip about 3/4 of the way through the season but finished strong. In the playoffs they played the most intense and structured game of hockey I've seen out of a Leafs team in a long time, up until that third period. That game, IMO, was difference between this team growing and maturing as players, and stagnating into the garbage we see today.

This team has set records. Last year for shots allowed, and this year franchise records of futility. I have no idea how some "fans" can defend this steaming pile of garbage. Yes, in the 25 years I have been a fan of this team, this is the most unlikable, worst Leafs team I have ever seen.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
This team is way more talented than most of the 80's teams. That's what makes these efforts so pathetic

Leafspoison*

Yes, we may have 22 wins in 52 games so far, so, it might be hard to argue it. But, let's look at facts here.

This team has proven that the only way they can score goals consistently is by cheating defensively and leaving Bernier oir Reimer to stop 40-50 shots per game

Now, under Horachek they are playing a much more defensive minded system and they couldn't score if their careers depended on it.

These 2 points really speak volumes and it shows me that this team is ALOT worse then their record suggests.

Most laziest and gutless, yes.

Worst team ever? Not by a long shot. 84/85 when Dan Maloney was coaching the team finished an 80 game schedule with 48 points.

We are bound to win one or two down the stretch....right?

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
He's not talking talent. Worst team. I've never stopped watching in the past. I lived through the 80s. I've stopped watching this year

This, so much this. I never had the pleasure to live through the Clark years I will admit, but I still remember the Sundin years. I could stomach the Blake/Toskala years because I still held hope. I gave up on this roster.

MrLegend28*

lol so the stats say we have 22 of 52 wins, but were worst ever?

:s

why dont you guys go out on a friday night

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

No but it has the least heart. Least guts. Least character. Least care. Least likable. Its bad in all the worst ways.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not by a long shot, but the thing that marks this team is they are probably led by the worst bunch of people I have ever seen represent the Leafs.

Cathal Kelly wrote a great article a few months back, there is something seriously wrong with these guys and all the proof you need is salute-gate.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
He's not talking talent. Worst team. I've never stopped watching in the past. I lived through the 80s. I've stopped watching this year

pretty much this. any night theres a raptor or leaf game on im 100% watching the raps and i've never really watched a basketball game before last season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad