Is this the best Leafs team since 67?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Yeah, looks like a team with dangerous forwards at the top end of the lineup, good goaltending, but just okay on defense.... Maybe that's just me.

They're not as good as Pittsburgh but last year the pens won with Dumoulin as their #1 dman.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You need to remind me who was on that defense. I seem to remember a competent defense, but not like a standout one. I think Pat burns teams typically were good at keeping pucks out, but on paper, I don't remember that team for it's defensive roster.

93 leafs had the best 6 d in my time of watching the leafs

Elliot
Gill
Rouse
Lefebvre
McCoun
Natress

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
They took the night off till the 3rd. It happens. I have seen this team when all 4 lines are firing on all cylinders and If the Leafs are playing their best I feel that can beat any team.
Leafs fan, right? Their D seems to collapse every game or every other game, at least. They live and die on goaltending (mostly Andersen). Even Hrudey stated that Andersen is their backbone....

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Leafs fan, right? Their D seems to collapse every game or every other game, at least. They live and die on goaltending (mostly Andersen). Even Hrudey stated that Andersen is their backbone....
pretty sure no one is disputing that andersen is our backbone

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Sure.

But they're still probably going to end up with two wins, at most, in the playoffs this year, and it will all be for nothing.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
they had 3 elite players and a superstar goalie. we have 1 of that and he is a shadow of crosby
I know Marc-Andre Fleury was their Goalie for them up until Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals, however they eventually won last year with Matt Murray. So he not what I call a superstar goalie and Frederik Andersen is just as good.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Potvin had a .910 save % in 1992-93, a season when the league's average was .885.

Failing memory ?
I'm not saying Potvin was bad or anything and he was one of my favorite Leafs player when I was a kid. However since he was not their #1 Goalie until Grant Fuhr was traded, would he had those same stats as #1 Goalie for the whole season?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm not saying Potvin was bad or anything and he was one of my favorite Leafs player when I was a kid. However since he was not their #1 Goalie until Grant Fuhr was traded, would he had those same stats as #1 Goalie for the whole season?
He played 48 games.

When Fuhr was traded, he had played 29 games, Potvin 24.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You're the one who goofed, not me.

Don't you care about misleading your faithful reading public ?

Not in the least bit. I was close enough, and yes this is horseshoes.

Mironov 93 natress 92. Dont care. You get no cookie.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I think people are just remembering last season mostly. They've been great at protecting leads overall this year.
And Mcbackup has better numbers than Freddy.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
No self-respect ? Check.

Yes. Self respect is determined by not giving a shit if you mistook the 92 defensive corps for the 93 one by one guy...

Oh how will i sleep at night?

Still no cookie. Fish elsewhere.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Yes. Self respect is determined by not giving a **** if you mistook the 92 defensive corps for the 93 one by one guy...

Oh how will i sleep at night?

Still no cookie. Fish elsewhere.
For someone who doesn't care, you sure don't let it go...

And what is that very strange obsession with cookie ?

Is Jim Henson your father ?

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
You need to remind me who was on that defense. I seem to remember a competent defense, but not like a standout one. I think Pat burns teams typically were good at keeping pucks out, but on paper, I don't remember that team for it's defensive roster.

It was lead by the underrated Jamie Macoun who also helped Calgary win their Cup. It also had good to standout vets in Dave Ellett, Sylvaine Lefevbre and Bob Rouse. There was no HOF 1D but it was extremely playoff solid.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
So you're saying that Andersen is a shoe in for MVP or even the Vezina?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad