Is this the best Leafs team since 67?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
They're on pace to beat their all time points total best of 103 points, and are already only 3 points below their 2nd best all time of 100 points.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I don't think this particular lineup is the "best since 1967" but this core sure is. In a year or two, when they maybe add Liljegren and/or some other good D.....and Matthews, Marner, Nylander & Dermott really become men and grow into their bodies.......for sure they will be. They've never been this deep with high-end talent, IMO.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
It was lead by the underrated Jamie Macoun who also helped Calgary win their Cup. It also had good to standout vets in Dave Ellett, Sylvaine Lefevbre and Bob Rouse. There was no HOF 1D but it was extremely playoff solid.
LOL!

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
So you're saying that Andersen is a shoe in for MVP or even the Vezina?
I just said the truth, that the Leafs are where they are because of Andersen and yes, he is their MVP. If you want to talk about the entire League or the Vezina, then you have to look at the top goaltenders but I believe Andersen has had more shots than any other goalie in the League this year. I think that is significant.

Leafs’ Andersen has faced over 2,000 shots so far, on track for busiest season ever | Toronto Star
Why Frederik Andersen deserves serious Hart Trophy consideration | The Hockey News

Perhaps, you are in denial like most Leafs fans that their goaltender is the main reason they are sniffing the playoffs this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad