News Article: Is This Ryan Spooner's Last Chance to Impress the Boston Bruins?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/is-this-ryan-spooners-last-chance-to-impress-the-boston-bruins/

Spooner, who has now appeared in 34 NHL games spread over three seasons, was well aware of the stakes.

“I kinda just thought, ‘this is my last chance here, so go out and have fun,’ †he said. “Well, maybe not the last chance, but I’ve been up and down, up and down, so for now I just want to play well.â€

He’s never had a better opportunity in the NHL, though on the flip side, he’s never had so much pressure. Spooner has been centering Boston’s second line with Milan Lucic and David Pastrnak, a line that is expected to produce offense. In his first game action since being recalled from AHL Providence, Spooner notched an assist in Boston’s surprise 6-2 win over Chicago, which also snapped a six-game losing streak.

“ ‘Spoons’ came in and did a nice job,†said coach Claude Julien. “He’s capable of it and he has gained more confidence every time he has come up. He just has to grow and have more confidence at this level. He hasn’t scored because he hasn’t taken the puck to the net. Last game Ididn’t see him shy away from anything.â€

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Once Claude is gone watch Spooner excel. Tough playing when you know your coach is not a fan. Seguin with Claude 1 goal last 27 games; Jagr 1 goal last 26 games and 0 in 21 playoff games. Once Claude and Peter head to Toronto to save the Leafs I can see Spooner getting that elusive first goal.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He won't be given a chance to play in our top-6 ever again, yes.

This is his "last" real chance with us. He's getting PP time and has been given a top-6 role. Won't get that again.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Goals aren't everything, especially for a playmaker.

Seth Griffith only managed 4 assists in 30 games. He sucks too!

Or do we only count goals?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It is with the Bruins. He's getting top line minutes & playing with decent talent. He has an entire month to show he belongs in the NHL, if not in Boston. Whatever happens, hope Ryan makes the most of a gift wrapped opportunity. It would be great if he could stick here because the B's need speed and skill in the worst way. And they need it at a bargain.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It is with the Bruins. He's getting top line minutes & playing with decent talent. He has an entire month to show he belongs in the NHL, if not in Boston. Whatever happens, hope Ryan makes the most of a gift wrapped opportunity. It would be great if he could stick here because the B's need speed and skill in the worst way. And they need it at a bargain.

So far he looks pretty good. You can see his speed/skill. He must be nervous every shift. If he can simply get that one goal to give him that extra confidence to succeed. He's playing with some good players / top line line minutes. It's up to him now. I want to see him succeed.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Once Claude is gone watch Spooner excel. Tough playing when you know your coach is not a fan. Seguin with Claude 1 goal last 27 games; Jagr 1 goal last 26 games and 0 in 21 playoff games. Once Claude and Peter head to Toronto to save the Leafs I can see Spooner getting that elusive first goal.

Bart too.

All Clode's fault for not giving them the love they need.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Last chance ??? Wait that mean clode will give him a first chance ? Wow !!! So a last first chance or a first last chance ? Anyway clode will find an excuse to play paille

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It sure is.

Hopefully, he plays very well for the rest of the season so even if he's not in the plan for next year, it would get his value back up so we can get a young top-6 W back in a trade. No way he starts in Providence next year. He's either here or traded.

It's his "Krejci" time. Let's hope he does as well...

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
the article see state
Is this Peter last chance to impress the Boston Bruins and there fans
Peter's last chance? Or Spooner's?
Peter doesn't have to impress any Boston fans, what with three SC final appearances, winning one. Some may not like him, and he has made some bad moves, but his qualifications should not be questioned.

If it's Spoons, yeah, he has a golden opportunity to solidify his status in the NHL. At 23, with a couple of years experience in the "A", this is his time to shine.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I keep getting really nervous for Spooner when is he out just hoping so bad he doesn't make a mistake or blow a defensive coverage.

I really want him to make it and I think Clode has his eye on Spooner, and that he probably isn't going to get too many more shots.

Spooner kinda seemed nervous at the pregame interview last game saying he was just going to try and shoot it. He didn't sound like he has a lot of confidence at this point.

I did think he looked very dangerous on the PP, liked his passing and movement. I think he forced some weak shots at some points and did notice he missed a couple defensive assignments, one where he got lost in coverage and resulted in a nice shot Rask had to save.

I just hope he doesn't mess up and playing with that fear of being benched or just sent back down can be really hard on your confidence I imagine.

His speed, puck skills and creativity (when he is confident), I think are all legit NHL skills. He has to work on a few aspects of his game to be more complete. I think he can thrive on the 3rd line, maybe not here but somewhere. Have a more defensively responsible winger on his line and a bigger guy who can cycle and go into the corners, and I think that would be a solid line.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Spooner.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I keep getting really nervous for Spooner when is he out just hoping so bad he doesn't make a mistake or blow a defensive coverage.

I really want him to make it and I think Clode has his eye on Spooner, and that he probably isn't going to get too many more shots.

Spooner kinda seemed nervous at the pregame interview last game saying he was just going to try and shoot it. He didn't sound like he has a lot of confidence at this point.

I did think he looked very dangerous on the PP, liked his passing and movement. I think he forced some weak shots at some points and did notice he missed a couple defensive assignments, one where he got lost in coverage and resulted in a nice shot Rask had to save.

I just hope he doesn't mess up and playing with that fear of being benched or just sent back down can be really hard on your confidence I imagine.

His speed, puck skills and creativity (when he is confident), I think are all legit NHL skills. He has to work on a few aspects of his game to be more complete. I think he can thrive on the 3rd line, maybe not here but somewhere. Have a more defensively responsible winger on his line and a bigger guy who can cycle and go into the corners, and I think that would be a solid line.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Spooner.

Clode needs to snap out of his coma and notice his team and style lacks pucks going in net.Turn the kid loose not hold him back.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Good post as always.

I love the fact Spooner is acknowledging that his time in this organization is limited and he better do something now.

He hasn't been given a fair shot by us so Im really happy he gets one now because his tenure in our organization is coming to an end and now he might force his case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad