Is This Really Happening? Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
There is nothing cool about being rewarded for being bad and hard tanking. But there is no doubt that they have some exciting young players.

You must be a Redwings fan...I am on mobile so I can't see Avatar or anything.

Basically the only successful team to not use the Draft as the source of propelling a team.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Toronto will get enough casual bandwagon fans once they get in always happens in the city, brace yourselves

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
You must be a Redwings fan...I am on mobile so I can't see Avatar or anything.

Basically the only successful team to not use the Draft as the source of propelling a team.

I'm going to disagree with that as a Bruins fan.

And I'll also add the Devils before the Red Wings.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
I'm going to disagree with that as a Bruins fan.

And I'll also add the Devils before the Red Wings.

A Bruins fan from Montreal. There was literally zero possibility you could do anything except for hate the Leafs :laugh:. That's ok though!

Frankly, Toronto has a lot of very loud fans, and the sheer number of them means there is a lot more really intolerable ones than there are for most other teams. So I can understand the hate around the league, but it comes with the territory *shrug*. Still, I feel like the hate makes being good and winning more special, as you can count on many other teams trying to put up their A game when the Leafs are in town.

There are enough bandwagoners in Toronto itself that we really don't need anyone outside of Toronto to jump on as well. Just look at the Jays and Raptors since both teams have been decent.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I could never bandwagon toronto because of the fan base. I really like their young players and they're an exciting young team but I will always hope for them to fail in the playoffs.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
It would be ironic/iconic if the new "under the hill gang" can do in Canada's 150th year, what the "over the hill gang" did back in 1967.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe not on HF (too much hatred because we're by far the largest fan base in the world), but easily in real life. It's very easy to back a young, skilled team on the rise that already has the largest fan base.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Cool team with an unfortunate fanbase. Could pull Colorado and go back to basement though.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I'd go Full Lindros.

I bandwagon only when I have reason. If you guys signed Kimmo Timonen, then I wouldn't go Full Lindros.

You'd have to throw 5-6 of your fellow Flyer fans over to us as payment to go full Lindros on us. Are you really willing to do that to your own kind? ****, Kimmo right now would be an upgrade on Marincin so maybe we would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad