Is This Really Happening? Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubberneck

Jul 28, 2016
Are the toronto maple leafs about to become the "cool bandwagon team"? something that I've definitely never seen.

situation reminds me of the 1992 dallas cowboys after the herschel walker trade.

question though, could they somehow screw this up? stupid off-season trades, bad decisions, is there any way that they are going to mess this royal flush up that they have been dealt?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
No, the aliens and CIA are collaborating to hide what's really going on

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Are the toronto maple leafs about to become the "cool bandwagon team"? something that I've definitely never seen.

situation reminds me of the 1992 dallas cowboys after the herschel walker trade.

question though, could they somehow screw this up? stupid off-season trades, bad decisions, is there any way that they are going to mess this royal flush up that they have been dealt?

They haven't been dealt a royal flush, they have an elite brain trust of 4-5 guys making good decisions as a group, which is why your previously mentioned stupid off-season trade or bad decision is very unlikely to occur

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
All aboard! Choo Choo.

Hopefully we can clinch tomorrow night with a Tampa loss and our win. I'd still go with McBackup and hope for the best in a high scoring game.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This just in: people enjoy watching successful teams with skilled and flashy players.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
they are on track to become like the blackhawks. not saying they win 3 cups or anything, but the talent they have, with the coaching and management, etc..... it looks good.

also again, NOT SAYING THEY WIN 3 CUPS OR EVEN 1. hopefully tho

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't care how good or how entertaining the Leafs become. I can't see them ever becoming the 'cool bandwagon' team. Too much hate for too many years.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
They'll never become the cool team on HFboards. Too many other folks that despise the franchise for all the attention. Carolina is the coolest team on HF. But in pop culture, especially in Canada, they'll be cool for awhile now.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Probably never going to be a cool bandwagon team but the most exciting team in the league for my money, counting Edmonton.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
There is nothing cool about being rewarded for being bad and hard tanking. But there is no doubt that they have some exciting young players.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Leafs could have the best kids but some of our fans make any winning insufferable .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad