Is there no way we can move Josh Bailey?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Commonly when Tavares goes down with an injury? Tavares has gone down once in his career with a real injury. I'm a bit confused by that. Are you talking about other times he's sat out for a game or two?
Bad memory on my part, but when Tavares had gone down with the big one Bailey seemed to rise a bit. When Tavares first broke onto the team and the lines didn't start with John as the 1st line center Bailey also seemed to do better. Once Tavares was given the #1 role Josh seemed to fade into the background.

I am interested to see what a better and even more mobile defense might mean to his game. Maybe he needs more muscle on his line. Putting Strome, who is kinda small, between CMac and Martin seemed to give him some confidence. Doing the same with Bailey may not be the worst idea. If he can't adjust his aggressiveness up, maybe it would help to put some muscle around him.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I don't see the use of trading him right now. Teams aren't exactly clamoring for utility forwards and having depth is a good thing going into the beginning of the season.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bad memory on my part, but when Tavares had gone down with the big one Bailey seemed to rise a bit. When Tavares first broke onto the team and the lines didn't start with John as the 1st line center Bailey also seemed to do better. Once Tavares was given the #1 role Josh seemed to fade into the background.

I am interested to see what a better and even more mobile defense might mean to his game. Maybe he needs more muscle on his line. Putting Strome, who is kinda small, between CMac and Martin seemed to give him some confidence. Doing the same with Bailey may not be the worst idea. If he can't adjust his aggressiveness up, maybe it would help to put some muscle around him.

Okay that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification, because I couldn't remember whether or not Bailey played well for a game or two that Tavares missed, haha.

Thatguystevie

Jan 26, 2014
In a Bailey vs. Kulemin scenario which one gets the nod? Unless im mistaken Bailey seems to have been putting up better numbers throughout both their careers with the exception of kulemins one great year. I know Kulemin deserves a chance and all. But on paper isn't Bailey better? Obviously he's had more chances to prove himself though.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

Tavares' rookie year, he did start as the first line center, but by the end of the year, he was centering Bailey and Okposo, and all three finished the season on a pretty nice scoring tear together.

Small sample size, there was also the first 5 games of 2010 when Tavares got injured early in game one and Bailey was promoted to Tavares' spot. Bailey played probaby the best hockey I've ever seen him play for those games. In game 5, Tavares was back in the lineup, but actually played less minutes than Bailey, as Bailey was playing that well. But then in game 6 Bailey get injured, and didn't look the same when he came back. In those 5 games, though, Bailey put up 3g and 6pts, but it was more than just the points, he was a completely different player, and played fare more aggressive offensively than I had ever seen him play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
In a Bailey vs. Kulemin scenario which one gets the nod? Unless im mistaken Bailey seems to have been putting up better numbers throughout both their careers with the exception of kulemins one great year. I know Kulemin deserves a chance and all. But on paper isn't Bailey better? Obviously he's had more chances to prove himself though.

Points wise, yes. However, Kulemin has been in a very strict defensive role from what I've heard, and he's also very physical. Bailey on the other hand is not physical and plays in a limited defensive role most of the time (though he is good defensively).I really don't think the line matter at all between the 2nd and 3rd early in the year, not until we figure out who is better at doing what.

Tavares' rookie year, he did start as the first line center, but by the end of the year, he was centering Bailey and Okposo, and all three finished the season on a pretty nice scoring tear together.

Small sample size, there was also the first 5 games of 2010 when Tavares got injured early in game one and Bailey was promoted to Tavares' spot. Bailey played probaby the best hockey I've ever seen him play for those games. In game 5, Tavares was back in the lineup, but actually played less minutes than Bailey, as Bailey was playing that well. But then in game 6 Bailey get injured, and didn't look the same when he came back. In those 5 games, though, Bailey put up 3g and 6pts, but it was more than just the points, he was a completely different player, and played fare more aggressive offensively than I had ever seen him play.

If this is true, I don't understand why Bailey isn't going in the top line LW spot. This would mean he's produced every time he's been on the top line, with or without Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad