Is there no way we can move Josh Bailey?

KOforprez2016

Jun 14, 2014
new york
it does no good to have him as a healthy scratch. i would rather have him play then be a healthy scratch, just so maybe he can develop

I wasn't expecting bailey to be moved in the trades today, but surely we can get some of our draft picks back by trading him?

right?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
There's nothing wrong with scratching him. That would speak to the amount of depth we have.

Injuries are going to come around and guys are going to struggle, I'd rather have a pissed off Bailey taking that place than Colin McDonald.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
maybe a rebuilding team since he does have upside, other than that i really don't know. I think the staff still have hope for him, I just don't see it anymore with the depth we have now

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I always felt the guy got a raw deal because he was a year older than JT but ended up playing in his shadow. I still think he has a place on this team. Always skeptical that he could ever be a first line center as he was in jrs but I still feel he has a place on this team.

I was skeptical about them upgrading the D but as they say, you never know.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yep, wingers who are in the top half of the NHL in point production and are defensively responsible, definitely need to get them out of here ASAP.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
The only team I can see taking him is Calgary, and why would they even take him? He's a joke.

I think your hatred of Bailey has blocked your logical thinking. I know Bailey is nothing special, but I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would take him on waivers or at a low trade cost.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
As a 3rd or 4th line Bailey would be one of the better ones. As a 2nd liner like we've had to use him, he's bad. Now we don't have to use him there.

KOforprez2016

Jun 14, 2014
new york
There's nothing wrong with scratching him. That would speak to the amount of depth we have.

Injuries are going to come around and guys are going to struggle, I'd rather have a pissed off Bailey taking that place than Colin McDonald.

you make a good point, but is he really worse than corey conacher? (apologies I haven't watched the preseason so idk)

or if lee is going to start in bport, could he not take his spot on the 3rd line?

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
People need to stop looking at Bailey like he alone will drag us down this season. He can still be useful. On a day where the Isles made their team significantly better, we again find a reason to be negative.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Sure Bailey can be useful but with the improved defense and taking so much salary and cap hit I expect some salary will be traded. Bailey or Grabner, then McDonald, Strait and Carkner are possibilities with one-way contracts.

CLUTTERSTACHE*

well said

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
We all dreamed ( me too) that he would be our John Tavares ( before we got john).
However he is very responsible on defense. Plenty of players hang around 10-15 years doing just that.
But not at the price we paid him so expectations are higher. take away his x-box and grab his shoulders
And Shake Shake Shake him till he wakes up. The team needs more from you josh Bailey!
I say don't dump him for a low price . He is a very talented kid and just turned 25 like 2 days ago.
And has played 6 seasons. Tj Brennan is 6 months older than josh and we ( until the trade) were looking at him as our power play quarterback .
Can we move josh Bailey? Absolutely! I would guess 20- 25 teams would take him today.
Should we move him? No. ( and I am a josh hater) I still think he can be a 50 + point player consistently.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
We all dreamed ( me too) that he would be our John Tavares ( before we got john).
However he is very responsible on defense. Plenty of players hang around 10-15 years doing just that.
But not at the price we paid him so expectations are higher. take away his x-box and grab his shoulders
And Shake Shake Shake him till he wakes up. The team needs more from you josh Bailey!
I say don't dump him for a low price . He is a very talented kid and just turned 25 like 2 days ago.
And has played 6 seasons. Tj Brennan is 6 months older than josh and we ( until the trade) were looking at him as our power play quarterback .
Can we move josh Bailey? Absolutely! I would guess 20- 25 teams would take him today.
Should we move him? No. ( and I am a josh hater) I still think he can be a 50 + point player consistently.

If there really are people that thought this, then this would explain a lot of the hate.

Bailey wasn't even projected to be a 1st line center let alone a franchise player. The Islanders "reached" on Bailey. He was projected to be a 2nd line center and go anywhere from 10-16

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I was playing GM mode and traded Bailey for Kuznetsov straight up, so hopefully they happens.

In real life, it would be tough to trade him with his horrible contract. He is solid defensively as a forward, but it might just be worth more to keep him, see what he does, then make a decision.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If there really are people that thought this, then this would explain a lot of the hate.

Bailey wasn't even projected to be a 1st line center let alone a franchise player. The Islanders "reached" on Bailey. He was projected to be a 2nd line center and go anywhere from 10-16

Mike comrie was our leading scorer and he didn't even get 50 PTS.
No prospects excepts Robin Figrin
Yes I dreamed of an nhl player with some talent. Sorry. I can dream damn it . Lol

BroadwayJay*

I was playing GM mode and traded Bailey for Kuznetsov straight up, so hopefully they happens.

In real life, it would be tough to trade him with his horrible contract. He is solid defensively as a forward, but it might just be worth more to keep him, see what he does, then make a decision.

You think 3.3m is "horrible" for a 0.5 ppg player who is strong defensively?

BroadwayJay*

Are you aware that Bailey has the same cap hit as Renee Bourque?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad