Is there concerns about Makar’s durability ?

westlockwarriors

Feb 14, 2021
AVS just had 11 plus days off yet he is now day to day with an upper buddy injury.

He also missed a lot of time last season due to a major shoulder injury.

I also remember reading a drafting report on him saying that he missed some time while playing for Brooks Bandit in Alberta with undisclosed injury which limited and hindered his scholarships offer and settled with Umass-Amherst.

I’m not sure if his current injury is related to his injury last year. Is it even better if it is? Or would it be better if it’s a completely new injury?

Awesome talent, I think he can be generational and I’m hoping his injury doesn’t have a negative effect on his career.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Bednar has mentioned resting guys with even slight/very minor injuries this year through the regular season to try to have the team healthy for the playoffs.

westlockwarriors

Feb 14, 2021
Is it the same injury, or different ones ?

Not sure.

avs just had almost 2 weeks off and Makar is all of a sudden out of lineup with upper body injury.

Maybe he got a minor scope surgery during their break because his shoulder has been bugging him ?

just pure speculation

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Obviously, any injury can have long term impacts, but way too early to comment on any particular injury.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Shoulders are really bad injuries especially for Dmen who are going into corners and getting pucks dumped into their side.

if this is the same issue for Makar then it’s really bad because it obviously got reinjuired without a major specific play.
Yea i guess it depends how bad it is. All pure speculation . But i see the points u are making.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Shoulders are really bad injuries especially for Dmen who are going into corners and getting pucks dumped into their side.

if this is the same issue for Makar then it’s really bad because it obviously got reinjuired without a major specific play.
Yeah its like the most fragile of all your joints.

A gazillion sporting careers have gone tits up because of shoulder injuries.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Any player who relies so much on their physical attributes can be a ticking time bomb. Same with McDavid and MacKinnon etc

Let's enjoy them while it lasts.
Macks vision has really opened up lately though, and an insane release. he already doesnt play as crazy as he did in 17-18 , hes taking it easy if you had seen those highlights

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Macks vision has really opened up lately though, and an insane release. he already doesnt play as crazy as he did in 17-18 , hes taking it easy if you had seen those highlights

Of course but he's still one of the most dominant physical athletes in the game today which is a big part of his success.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Injuries to the same body part has a higher chance of seeing a decline in player performance.

injuries to different areas probably more durability concerns as availability is an ability as the saying goes. Sami Sali and Chris Tanev missed a lot of time for the Canucks over their careers but pretty much all with different ailments.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
What’s going on in Colorado. Maybe they want to look into their strength and conditioning coach. Could be something wrong w. How they are teaching the players to train off ice.
None of the injuries are due to strength and conditioning. Its the Avs shitty luck with injuries. Something thats been around for a looong time.

Erik Johnson injured after his face hits the ice on a Green way hit. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Bellemare knee twists after Donato runs into it. Freak play. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Devon Toews takes a shot off his foot. Was out for several games. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Mackinnon lower body injury. Not sure when it happened so cant comment if we can blame strength and conditioning coach.

Calvert concussion problems likely dating back to the San Jose series when Burns hit him. Elias Pettersson also shot him in the head last year. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Cale Makar current injury doesnt sound too serious as per Bednars remarks. Cant comment on this one as we dont know what the UBI is. It could be a shoulder. It could be a migraine.

Francouz has some sort of injury. Had surgery during the off season. Not sure who to blame here.

westlockwarriors

Feb 14, 2021
None of the injuries are due to strength and conditioning. Its the Avs shitty luck with injuries. Something thats been around for a looong time.

Erik Johnson injured after his face hits the ice on a Green way hit. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Bellemare knee twists after Donato runs into it. Freak play. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Devon Toews takes a shot off his foot. Was out for several games. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Mackinnon lower body injury. Not sure when it happened so cant comment if we can blame strength and conditioning coach.

Calvert concussion problems likely dating back to the San Jose series when Burns hit him. Elias Pettersson also shot him in the head last year. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Cale Makar current injury doesnt sound too serious as per Bednars remarks. Cant comment on this one as we dont know what the UBI is. It could be a shoulder. It could be a migraine.

Francouz has some sort of injury. Had surgery during the off season. Not sure who to blame here.

I don’t get how Makars injury can be considered “nothing too serious”

he just had 2 weeks off and still can’t play.

if it’s migraine / concussion then that’s unpredictable and obviously not good.

worst case scenario is it’s the same shoulder that held him out for a lot of games last year.

kid is a stud. Injuries are literally the only thing that can hold him back. Unfortunately it’s happening.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

worst case scenario is it’s the same shoulder that held him out for a lot of games last year.

kid is a stud. Injuries are literally the only thing that can hold him back. Unfortunately it’s happening.

He wasn't injured prior to the break is my understanding.
As far as I understand it happened in the last practice right before the game...
People can correct me if I am wrong but up until like 30 mins prior to the game nobody knew that Cale was even a questionmark...
And from the looks of it, he should be back over the next few days.

I will never disagree about injuries being a problem. Especially for this Avs team that has been cursed with the injury bug like I haven't seen in the NHL (don't ask me about my football team please. Maybe I am cursed..)...

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

There's nothing saying he got injured over the 2 weeks off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad