Is there concerns about Makar’s durability ?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m not too concerned over several games here, several games there. I imagine he would’ve played yesterday had it been the playoffs. You can afford to be generous with maintenance days at this point in the season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don’t get how Makars injury can be considered “nothing too serious”

he just had 2 weeks off and still can’t play.

if it’s migraine / concussion then that’s unpredictable and obviously not good.

worst case scenario is it’s the same shoulder that held him out for a lot of games last year.

kid is a stud. Injuries are literally the only thing that can hold him back. Unfortunately it’s happening.

He's likely back in the lineup on Tuesday.

It's about as insignificant of an injury as you could find.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Really hope not. It sucks when uber talented guys have careers where they're constantly injured like Forsberg, Lindros, Crosby, etc.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What’s going on in Colorado. Maybe they want to look into their strength and conditioning coach. Could be something wrong w. How they are teaching the players to train off ice.
A lot of the recent stuff has been pretty flukey. Last playoffs Landy took a skate to the knee from a falling teammate, EJ broke his foot from a tipped shot and same for Toews this year. I mean stuff like that isn’t really going to change with a better conditioning coach.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
I'd be more concerned if it was a different injury. Shoulder not so much.
Shoulder injury has gotta be right up there after knee, back, and head no?

i mean ankle surgeries make them stronger than prior, shoulders are all repair and salvage

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
None of the injuries are due to strength and conditioning. Its the Avs shitty luck with injuries. Something thats been around for a looong time.

Erik Johnson injured after his face hits the ice on a Green way hit. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Bellemare knee twists after Donato runs into it. Freak play. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Devon Toews takes a shot off his foot. Was out for several games. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Mackinnon lower body injury. Not sure when it happened so cant comment if we can blame strength and conditioning coach.

Calvert concussion problems likely dating back to the San Jose series when Burns hit him. Elias Pettersson also shot him in the head last year. Nothing a strength and conditioning coach can do about that.

Cale Makar current injury doesnt sound too serious as per Bednars remarks. Cant comment on this one as we dont know what the UBI is. It could be a shoulder. It could be a migraine.

Francouz has some sort of injury. Had surgery during the off season. Not sure who to blame here.

What about Joe Sakic injuring his hand by sticking it into a snowblower to see if it was still on?

A strength and conditioning coach could have easily prevented that. If he had been there, he could have told Sakic to not do it (or even offered up his own hand!).

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Really hope not. It sucks when uber talented guys have careers where they're constantly injured like Forsberg, Lindros, Crosby, etc.
Clearly an issue with the franchise causing players to become injury prone.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
It would be a real shame if a promising career got derailed by management mishandling an injury.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It would be a real shame if a promising career got derailed by management mishandling an injury.
He hasn't been on IR, so it's not something major.

He's likely playing through something that keeps flaring up from time to time. Possibly, delaying surgery on it until the off-season. If it is something that continues to flare up and cause him issues, does it make more sense to shut him down to get that corrected now rather than put it off to later if that is the solution?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad