Is there concerns about Makar’s durability ?

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Sent home from their road trip back to Colorado today, sounds like this might be a legit issue unfortunately.

What's the deal Av's fans?

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I don’t know how you couldn’t be concerned when a young stud D like Makar has missed the amount of time he has in his first 2 seasons

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Sent home from their road trip back to Colorado today, sounds like this might be a legit issue unfortunately.

Av's management is very tight lipped about giving any injury information. So we are in the dark. Our entire team seems to be constantly injured so who knows what is up with that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

We wish we knew. All we get is UBI/LBI and then day to day regardless of the severity of the injury. It's super annoying.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
To the OP question - I don't think so (yet) because correct me if I'm wrong, but these aren't like similar injuries to the same area that would suggest potential long-term issues (a la knee issues or something).

He's a smaller guy who does some fancy stuff on his skates, which may tweak some things here and there, and maybe that keeps him from playing 82 games most seasons, but the NHL is pretty unique in it's insistence that everyone plays every game if possible, so him playing 70-75 a season is fine. Might hurt him come trophy time but as far as the trophy that matters, as long as he's healthy in the summer who cares?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I believe Byram/Calvert are slated to be back by next game. Makar sometime next week.

The Avs still have a couple other guys out long term, but hopefully they can start icing a somewhat healthy lineup in a week, or so.

Definitely important to start stringing some wins together in this shortened season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->