Is there another team who’s given up more talent than Ottawa?

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
Avs have given up their share since the nords days.

Duchene, oreilly, stastny, boychuk, shattenkirk, foote, rolston, forsberg, tanguay, nolan, sundin, blake, regehr, drury, deadmarsh. Probably a bunch more I'm not thinking of

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In just over 8 months, Ottawa gave up the equivalent to a very solid PP1 uni:

Hoffman - Duchene - Stone
Dzingle - Karlsson

No one has even given up more in a single season. Not even close.

Ironically any PP unit involving EK and Hoffman sucked. They played together for 4 seasons, the majority of it they were both a part of PP1. Over that 4 year span the PP was the worst in the league.

Reactions: Sensators

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Since 2010 the Hawks have traded , Lost in expansion draft or walked away from (Niemi arbitration) alot of talent

Could honestly build a team out of guys traded away during that timeframe

Panarin-Teravainen-Sharp
Ladd-Bolland-Versteeg
Frolik-Danault-Brouwer
Kopecky-Shaw-Panik
(Hartman , Nordstrom , Bickell , Hinostroza )

Leddy-Hjalmarsson
Campbell-Byfuglien
Kempny-Van Reimsdyk
(Daley , Johns)

Niemi
Darling
(Nilsson)

And that doesn't include guys like Saad and Kruger who Hawks traded and then traded back for who are currently with Hawks organization

Also had guys like Carter Hutton , Brandon Pirri , Adam Clendening and Jimmy Hayes come thru organization and bounce around league

Kevin Hayes too

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers lost an entire core that in some shape or form were part of runs to 2 ECF's and a Stanley Cup Final

Dubinsky
Callahan
Stepan
Anisimov
Boyle
Miller
Hayes
Brassard
Zuccarello
Hagelin
Grabner
Duclair
Stralman
Girardi
Del Zotto
McDonagh
Yandle
Moore
Talbot
Raanta

Then guys who are out of the league like Nash, Gaborik and Prust but were damn good players for us at their peaks

Reactions: Sensators

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Watching these playoffs have been interesting. Seeing so many ex Sens flourish is bittersweet. It sad to not see them in the Sens colour but I’m genuinely happy for guys like Stone and Duchene.

I’m curious to see if any other team in the league has given up that much talent within the span of the last 6-7 years, 13 if you count Chara.

Robin Lehner vezina nominee
Ben Bishop vezina nominee
Zdeno Chara Norris trophy winner
Nick Foligno captain and 2nd liner
Matt Duchene 1st line center
Ryan Dzingel 2nd line winger
Erik Karlsson 2x Norris winner
Marc Stone selke candidate 1st line winger

Others
Jason Spezza
Marc Methot

I think in numbers, Ottawa has the advantage, but in terms of raw talent, Edmonton takes the cake because of what they got back in return for the players (picks) they moved.

Eberle
Hall
Petry
Barzal

Hall is a top 5-7 player at his position.
Eberle is a solid top 6 guy.
Petry is a top 30 player at his position.
Barzal will likely end up being a top 5-10 player of his position.

I don't think its fair to compare the moves like the Chara trade; which happened so long ago. If we were to look back over the last 10-20 years, I'm sure there are teams with comparable histories of trading players ... Montreal comes to mind with McDonagh, Subban, Pacioretty, Sergachev, Galchenyuk, Eller, Cammalleri, Dubnyk, Grabovski, Eller etc.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Would like to see the Sens go with a college coach. Lots of young players and look at the success Montgomery has had in Dallas.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Thornton
Kessel
Seguin
Hamilton
Not to mention Barzal or Connor by drafting trash
Yeah, but they got Seguin and Hamilton by trading Kessel so you can’t really do that. Your putting them on this list just shows is was an excellent trade.

But yes, Boston have let go some superstars in their prime. All of them with their issues though.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Nobody with options is coming to or back to Ottawa with Eugene attempting to create a costless team that creates revenue somehow...this team will purely be driven by cost reducing financial decisions until it is folded, moved or a new owner comes on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad