Is there a worse commentator than Doc Emrick?

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
A good friend of mine does play by play for various sports. A lot of people here probably know who he is. He's told me that hockey is by far the most difficult sport to narrate live. When he was making a name for himself he would generally turn down hockey gigs (at the non-NHL level) because he didn't want to make an ass of himself. So if you're complaining about mistakes that a particular hockey PBP guys makes, you should listen to the games on mute, because every single one of them will do it.

And, Doc Emerick is pretty much the best in the business. So this thread is silly.

Stuck With Nico

Registered Otaku
Sep 28, 2017
New Hampshire
Doc is an all time great. If you're looking for someone to hate on, I nominate Jack Edwards. I would rather have my ear drums burst than listen to that douche.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Romanuk. Such a tool. He literally didn't know the name of the Captain of the team he was covering in the playoffs. He called Blake Wheeler "Mark". Like c'mon man.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
The only thing I don't like about Doc is how in depth he describes the most simple thing or person.

"And a routine save by number 29, the goalkeeper from the Vegas Golden Knights, Marc-Andre Fleury of Canada, the former Penguin and 1st-Overall pick."

Then Pierre jumps in "I had dinner with his family last night, what a lovely group of people."

Reactions: AnimalFear

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This might be the silliest of all posts. Yes, there are a helluva lot worse announcers. There's a reason he gets ALL the big games. He's the best there is.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Emrick is a "homer" without a team.

i.e. he uses excessive language and pronunciation. For many people this is jarring/annoying.

He makes more mistakes than many local PBP guys, so if he was a local guy he'd be in the bottom third easily.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Most of the regional and national commentators employed by Sportsnet.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
No.

No one is worse than Emrick.

He ruins games by his stupidity and babbling.

Luckily we get CBC and HNIC here in Buffalo.

It's not a high def broadcast, but to be free from his whining and squealing makes it well worth it.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Does anyone remember Mark Lee?

Randorf and Romanuk are pretty terrible, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad