Is there a worse commentator than Doc Emrick?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
"Justin Williams scores!!!"

Except it was Matt Niskanen.

This is what u get paid to do. ****ing pathetic

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
"Justin Williams scores!!!"

Except it was Matt Niskanen.

This is what u get paid to do. ****ing pathetic

Clearly, this is the only mistake ever made by a play-by-play man in the history of the sport, and it should be the reason why he's the worst commentator ever. :scared:

I'm presuming that you've never made a mistake in whatever it is that you get paid to do.

Reactions: MattBarzal

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Clearly, this is the only mistake ever made by a play-by-play man in the history of the sport, and it should be the reason why he's the worst commentator ever. :scared:

I'm presuming that you've never made a mistake in whatever it is that you get paid to do.

You would "presume" correct. I've never made a mistake on a job that I've been doing for 20+ years.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
His actual commentating is fine. His over the top enthusiasm is honestly worse for me than the worst homer. If he takes it down a few dozen notches I wouldn't mind him but as it is he's probably my least favorite commentator.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
he used to be the best without question, now.............not so good.
why he decided to rewrite hockey talk is beyond me. "he spirits the puck ahead too......" or "he wills the puck ahead too......" or "he knifes the puck away from......."

ESPN had emrick and clemment doing the games and tom mees in the studio between periods. that was a hockey fans paradise man!!

Reactions: Bluesguru

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I was so happy to hear that Sportsnet didn't have the NBC feed for the PIT/WSH game today and sent Bob Cole there instead. Doc's hockey terminology is really strange. Also sounds like he's reading a book.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Not the worst, but I've come to enjoy the other NBCSN- guys a lot more recently- Gord, Cuthbert, Kenny Albert, Forslund, even the new guy Brendan Burke.

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
Bob Cole is worse.

But Emrick is also borderline unlistenable. Use normal words you ********

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
No one is as bad as the bleating goat and sleep aid known as Kenny Albert. NBC puts Chris Kerber's radio announcements on the Blues's highlights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad