Is there a worse commentator than Doc Emrick?

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I'm pretty easy on most play by play guys for some reason. Might be because I tune them out a lot of the time so I don't pick up on little mistakes like a lot of people seem to. I tend to notice the colour guy a lot more in some cases since they're usually talking during a break in the action so I'm more likely to be listening. It's for that reason I still love Bob Cole. Mistakes and all, it's just the sound of his voice that I grew up listening to. Doesn't even matter if he's reading the instructions on a shampoo bottle, it's just comforting to me.

Romanuk I've gotten used to lately but he's one of the guys I'm constantly finding mistakes that he makes. He tries a little too hard to insert really obscure words into his play by play which is mostly misses. The way he says scores grates on me as well but his idiot colour guy gets me on my nerves way worse then he Romanuk himself does.

I don't mind Hughson as much as a lot of Leaf fans seem to. I just don't micro-analyze everything the guy says for hints of bias so for the most part I don't pick up this anti-leaf sentiment a lot of my fellow leaf fans seem ready to jump on him over. His voice has just gotten a little bit old over the years in my opinion.

Obviously as a Leaf fan my favorite is Joe Bowen since he's a pretty big homer towards the Leafs. I just wish we got to listen to him on TV again, just on the regional feeds. It's easy enough to find whatever feed your looking for on the internet these days but I would go out of my way to listen to Bowen calling the Leafs regional games again. Way too much of a homer to do national games, I get that but we only get to listen to the guy on radio feeds which is a shame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad