Is there a worse coach than Mike Johnston?

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Absolutely not. This coach is GARBAGE. He should be fired immediately. I'm sorry the Devils had to take Hynes as he's been amazing for us.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
He is the best coach in the league.

2 losses by the Pens means nothing. Admit it that is the only reason for making this thread.

News flash, every team has a cold stretch.

Johnston is the most hated on coach in the league. Wins 7 of 8 - its all about Fleury. Loses 2 straight - he is the worst in the league. :laugh:

Every team has bad stretches. It's 2 games dude. TWO games.

Johnston's system is very good. Very effective. Very hard to play against.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

2 losses by the Pens means nothing. Admit it that is the only reason for making this thread.

Johnston is the most hated on coach in the league. Wins 7 of 8 - its all about Fleury. Loses 2 straight - he is the worst in the league. :laugh:

Johnston's system is very good.

Your a Caps fan who constantly overrates the Pens, do you honestly think no one knows what you're doing?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

If you watched the games you would see that those wins were down to Fluery.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Absolutely not. This coach is GARBAGE. He should be fired immediately. I'm sorry the Devils had to take Hynes as he's been amazing for us.

Hynes is the guy I wanted the Pens to hire after Bylsma got fired, I was upset that he didn't seem to get any consideration. I would have rather the Pens went with Hynes after they struck out with Peters and Desjardins than go with Johnston.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Your a Caps fan who constantly overrates the Pens, do you honestly think no one knows what you're doing?

So I'm guessing you think people can't think outside of the box?

There might be homers on this site. But I look at it like hey this team does this well, this other team does this thing well.

Pens to me have a very smart system under Johnston. People on here are pissed due to fantasy. But its a team game.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

Very hard to play against

Buffalo's 53 shots on goal says otherwise
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400815003

And today they were completely outmatched and embarrassed by the Devils letting up 37 shots, including a shot off the post, two breakaways not scored on, and a goal which was whistled off. It could have been much worse than 4-0.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
So I'm guessing you think people can't think outside of the box?

There might be homers on this site. But I look at it like hey this team does this well, this other team does this thing well.

Pens to me have a very smart system under Johnston. People on here are pissed due to fantasy. But its a team game.

You can think outside the box but you're wrong.

Pens fans don't care about fantasy, they just want a free scoring team.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The Pens, with 3 superstars on their team, are the most boring team in the NHL. I have watched between 10-12 Penguins games, and been put to sleep every time.

Yes, there is more to the game than winning. However, when you're playing effing boring hockey and winning, it's one thing. Do it, and lose? I feel bad for the fans.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is the worst hockey I've ever seen this team play and I watched every game when their leading scorer was Dick Tarnstrom.

Even the wins are painful.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Pens already have a suitable replacement for MJ: Sullivan. The WBS Pens right now are on absolute fire, they're 11-1, have won 10 in a row and are at the top of the league in every measurable category.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
You can think outside the box but you're wrong.

Pens fans don't care about fantasy, they just want a free scoring team.

I might be. But remember this, HFboards said the worst coach in the league was Claude Julien before he brought a SC to Boston. Then it said he was the best.

This place is well known for extreme swings in sentiment.

Mrbubble

Jul 20, 2008
Montreal
I am in the minority that thinks he is a really goad coach. From what i've seen, some players lack execution. Their pass reception has been mediocre, poor decisions from players, they pass too much when they should shoot, superstars with confidence issues at the moment.

The defensive system from Johnston was what Pittsbugh needed, not his fault if players are not trying hard on offense because they dont like playing in a defensive system.

Crosby is the main problem since the start of the season. When you build a team around the superstar and he's not playing well, it shows. When Crosby eventually gets back on track, Pens will clim the standing quickly. Still have them win the cup :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad