Is there a Trade Market for Fleury and Bishop?

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Like others have said, Tampa kind of has a win-win situation with Bishop.

Unless the deal is something silly, there's no real reason to move him. He's a top 5 goalie in the league arguably, and he's paired with one of the best young goaltenders on the planet (again, I guess arguably). Given what's happened in the last few postseasons with injuries, I don't see TB in any rush to move Bishop unless the deal is just too good to pass up.

Like most have said though, returns for goalies are usually pretty meh. I see TB riding him through the postseason and then saying goodbye when it's over.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't think either team is interested in moving their goalie right now except for a gross overpayment. Both of them are hoping to win Stanley, both of them want two goaltenders they trust. They're not going to walk away from that until either they have to, or someone gives so much that they can't resist.

For Tampa I presume that means they walk away from Bishop at the end of the season when his salary demands no longer fit. For Pittsburgh that probably means trading Fleury for a bag of pucks at the end of the season (although they might try to keep both for some unholy reason).

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah MAF is off to a good start. Clearing the salary for some depth for another run would be nice but having two "elite"/really good starting goalies isn't the worst predicament.

The team on paper is very similar to the team as last year so unless something happens and a glaring hole in the roster becomes evident who knows maybe both guys play out the whole year here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leafs should've targeted MAF in the off-season over Andersen.

Proven goalies do well in Toronto(Belfour/CuJo), but the young guys trying to prove they are number one goalies(Toskala/Bernier), not so much.

No goalie will succeed in Toronto until they get better team Defense. Took the Oilers many years to realize this. How long will it take the Leafs?

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
But I demand answers! haha jk :)

The one thing I just noticed is Fleury's contract on CapFriendly is shown like this (M-NTC, NMC) but on the Habs, Emelin's contract is shown like this (M-NTC). Why does Fleury's contract show the extra NMC and and Emelin's don't. What's the difference (if there is any)?
M-NTC = Modified No Trade Clause. NMC = No movement Clause.
Meaning Fleury can't be traded to the teams on his list and he can't also be waived or sent down.
Emelin does not have a no movement clause.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Conacher for Bishop.

Still funny to me that TB now has both of these guys in the org.

Looking back on the trade, the value was there. Conacher had already started to trend downwards as far as production and his linemates went. Had like 3 goals in 16 games before he was traded.

I guess at the time, OTT had Lehner and he was pretty highly thought of, so Bishop was pretty much just a warm body to OTT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad