Is there a team with a better goalie duo than Tampa?

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
It's 2016, not 2012. Name 10 goalies better than MAF.

I'm a big Pens fan but the following are better goalies than MAF (in my opinion of course):

Lundqvist
Price
Bishop
Holtby
Elliott
Schneider
Crawford
Rask
Jones
Quick

Edit: Forgot about Lou. How could I forget sweet Lou.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Serious question, how many other goalies have 3 top 10 Vezina finishes in the NHL?

Since 05-06 and still active:

Price, Lundqvist, Quick, Backstrom, Rinne, Luongo, Rask

Niemi, Ward, Crawford, Anderson, Bryzgalov, Halak, Howard, Miller, Bobrovsky, and Mason are all sitting on two. A couple of them may get a vote on someone's ballot this year (Crawford is a finalist)

That also doesn't include guys like Schneider, Bishop or Holtby.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
?
How many goalies have 350 wins by 31?

I'm a Fleury fan, but his number of career regular season wins is largely a function of (1) being on a great team for his entire career, (2) durability, and (3) never really having been pushed by another goalie.

Yes, he can impact (2). The others, less so.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Since 05-06 and still active:

Price, Lundqvist, Quick, Backstrom, Rinne, Luongo, Rask

Niemi, Ward, Crawford, Anderson, Bryzgalov, Halak, Howard, Miller, Bobrovsky, and Mason are all sitting on two. A couple of them may get a vote on someone's ballot this year (Crawford is a finalist)

That also doesn't include guys like Schneider, Bishop or Holtby.

Gonna say... Bishop has two nominations in three years as a starter.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would probably still say Washington at this stage

However, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Anaheim, and St. Louis are also all good picks. Would probably rank them Washington, Pittsburgh, TBL, Anaheim, STL, SJS

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
San Jose should probably be in the conversation. Jones has been great in the playoffs, and we've got Reimer backing him up right now. I'd rate Jones + Reimer up there with just about any other combo.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Ask after the expansion draft. :sarcasm:

Still pissed about that. Between two superb goalies and our quality depth Tampa is going to get ****ed harder by expansion than any other team, right in the middle of our Cup window.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Kind of amazes me how little respect Philly's goaltending gets if we're basing it off of this season (which is the first season with their current duo, coincidentally).

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
How much confidence would it put in the kid Vasi if he was able to help the Bolts eliminate the Pens. Bigger question is what would the Bolts do with Bishop if this happened. Probably trade him. Could get some real value for him. Bishop is a real fan favorite though, don't know if this would happen. I think a lot would need to happen.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Where both have played >30 games, the Flyers are one of only 4 teams (NYI, ANA, STL) in the league who have two goalies in the top 20 for SV%.

Just saying. It's strange for us. We'd be even higher if Mason hadn't sleepwalked through the first month of the season.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Pittsburgh is not as good. Fleury is a top 10 goalie while Bishop is arguably top 3 and Murray and Vasi are equal

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
A couple years ago Luongo/Schneider was the best duo hands down. Last year Miller/Lack was pretty good, but I don't think they were the best.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Lundavist/ Raanta

not close imo and im a NYR fan. Lundquist was very unconsistent and Raanta was aswell. Team sucked this year but still Lundquist had long stretches when he was very bad... But he also had long stretches when he was extremely good.

Lundquist and Talbot last season yes. Both played great

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
More like goalie trio. Gudlevski is an awesome goalie who I think is ready to step into a backup role and push for #1 eventually

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Serious question, how many other goalies have 3 top 10 Vezina finishes in the NHL?

How many goalies have 350 wins by 31?

"top 10 Vezina finishes" is such a meaningless stat

it sounds nice at face value but Fleury finished in the "top 10" in Vezina voting in both 2010-11 and 2011-12

but how many votes did he actually get those years? a single third place vote both years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad