Speculation: Is there a goalie out there that can help the Sabres?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Completely agree. The GM's we have had seem to believe that they need to draft in the top 3 multiple years in a row in order to rebuild. Detroit right now seems to be proving you can do it with just a couple of top 10 picks if you're smart about it. We already have 2 #1 picks in the system now, and several more top 10 picks just from recent drafts. If the scouting did their jobs correctly we shouldn't need to continue this lost season nonsense. Give these kids a chance to win, maybe they'll surprise you, and if not at least you know they are still young and eager to improve. When you put the bare minimum of money into goaltending that tells me the ownership and GM don't have any intention of giving you the best chance to win. Who wants to play for a team like that?
KA is learning on the job with the help of Karmanos, analytics, and others. It should not of been this bad. If it stays this bad they might be bottom 3 by years end and a youngish team with no confidence. Let hope he's learned his lesson. Whoever is whispering to only spend minimal money ( I have my guesses) on goalies needs to be removed from the room.

Biron seems pretty plugged in on this and keeps repeating KA was hoping UPL/Andersson would be the tandem this season. Now this is the backup plan and would be a fireable offense for many other gm's.

I think Donnie is going to have to change styles to help with team defense, it's obvious the league has caught on to what he was doing from film work and now they look poor again.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Let the kids play and let them play well enough to win, but continually lose due to sh*tty goaltending. I guarantee that frustrates the hell out of them. It did when I played. I never said anything and neither will they, but it's there. That can't be good for morale, especially since this organization can't get out of the gutter.

I'm tired of these "there's no reason to get a good goalie because we're rebuilding" arguments. That's a loser attitude and one of the reasons this franchise has become one of the worst in all of sports. We've been "rebuilding" for 10+ years. This current team could contend for a playoff spot if they had competent goaltending imo, but I guess we'll never know because apparently getting a decent goalie will ruin our already ruined franchise.

Sorry, rant over.
Sabres Need to Lose 10 years and the sabres have no talent so prepair for 10 more years of loosing thats if we are lycky to draft better then the previous 10 years or the loosing Can go on for longer or with a bad playoff team . No good future in place what I can see. No talents of Asplund and Olofsson is the best its awful these are 3 or 4 Liners . So Many bad contracts Skinner Okposo girgs etc sabres need to get rid of Skinner attach a first to him and send him far away. Trade Okposo with a second . Cant have these guys here They suck

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Sabres Need to Lose 10 years and the sabres have no talent so prepair for 10 more years of loosing thats if we are lycky to draft better then the previous 10 years or the loosing Can go on for longer or with a bad playoff team . No good future in place what I can see. No talents of Asplund and Olofsson is the best its awful these are 3 or 4 Liners . So Many bad contracts Skinner Okposo girgs etc sabres need to get rid of Skinner attach a first to him and send him far away. Trade Okposo with a second . Cant have these guys here They suck

Late night? Early start? :cheers: :huh:

Reactions: jc17

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Khudobin is the obvious answer here isn’t he? Risky but he has at least shown the ability to be a good goalie for stretches.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Just send Bishop here for the conditioning assignment, problem solved. I mean, we're already running AHL goalies, so its the same?
Hijack the bus. I bet they can make the drive to Buffalo in about 24 hours.

member 334057

Bishop or Khudobin please and thank you. Dallas is cap crunched
I don't know if Khudobin would be any sort of upgrade in net right now. His numbers are pretty awful this season especially when compared to Holtby and Oettinger with the same team in front of them. Bishop would be nice but in both cases Buffalo could potentially be on their no trade lists. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Dallas.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad