GDT: Is There A Game Today? Sharks (5-3-2) at Ducks (5-5-1) Game 11 5:00PM

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This is still practically a loss in my book. It was a 4 point game against one of the absolute worst teams in the NHL and they only got 3 after being up 3-1. However, the 1 point Anaheim got isn’t really a big deal since they’re terrible and not team with whom we are actually competing for points.

I don't care. Bank the points early because they will hit rough patches and cause this board to jump off ledges.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
no joke.

Got some stuff going with dillon. He just gets the puck on his stick wayyyy more.
Yah. And I am guessing here, but Dillon may have just told him to go do his thing and he will cover. I don't think Vlasic is used to playing that style and may just be driving play like he has done with his pairings in the past. I think with the 3 pairings we have, you mix and match against the opposition because they are all better than most teams 2nd pairings.

Reactions: Phu

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
man, watching the aberg goal annoys me. The guy toe drags into two guys and jones bites so hard.

If jones is gonna be a like a krejci type and just beast in the playoffs no matter what...im good with that. but damn thats hard to watch.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Timo is amazing.

So happy he is panning out in this way.

He always was a hardworker. When in CHL, he was diminished because of Nilolai Ehler who was credited of all goals he was scoring. Some arguing that he would score only because Ehlers was there to set them up.

And now it is truly TIMO TIME on a good Shark team and line.
by the way he speaks english like Federer ;-) this swiss german accent.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Erik Karlsson on radio postgame interview:

- I think we stuck with it, I do believe we played a well-played game until 5 minutes left in the 2nd period when we gave them that 3-2 goal, they took over a little bit, we put ourselves on our heels, but we found a way to stick with it, and even though we weren't feeling our best in the 3rd, we stuck with it and hanged in with them and took it to overtime and got a well-deserved win I think
- [fatigue factor in 3rd period?] I don't think so, I think guys are feeling great, I think we struggle a little bit when we start games really good, take an early lead, we [kinda/cannot?] let the other team back in the game and put ourselves in bad spots, it's something we gotta work on here moving forward, we did the same thing in Carolina, that's our bigger factor here now going home, trying to figure that stuff out
- [getting more comfortable w/ new team?] yeah, I think it's getting better every day, guys have been great, coaches have been great, they've been trying to do everything they can to help me out, just gonna get better as the season goes on here

Meier on TV postgame interview:

- I think it was a really good start, in the 3rd period we let them come back, but it's obviously a huge win for us, and to finish off this road trip with a win, I think it was a successful trip for us
- [on how the team reacted after the game was tied] we stick with it, after they come back, it's obviously tough on the road at the end of a road trip, it's all about staying positive, keep going, we knew if we do the right things we're gonna get a bounce our way, it's a huge win for us, two huge points which is what we wanted, now we're able to go back home and start there
- [on his GWG] it was a great pass by Donskoi there, I was all alone in front of the net, didn't bury it at first, but we both stuck with it, kept on banging on it, lucky enough it ended up right there on my stick and I was able to jam it in
- [on his line] I think we're just mostly having fun out there, we're working hard in all three zones, those are two tremendous players, so for me I'm trying to create some space for them, go down low, get them some pucks, I think we play well together, like on the 2nd goal, Couture made a great pass to me, we're helping each other and it makes us help the team

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Yah. And I am guessing here, but Dillon may have just told him to go do his thing and he will cover. I don't think Vlasic is used to playing that style and may just be driving play like he has done with his pairings in the past. I think with the 3 pairings we have, you mix and match against the opposition because they are all better than most teams 2nd pairings.

What i like is that you can throw out like burns and karlsson late if you need a goal. or you can do vlasic braun if you need. or if you just need an all around style you can do vlasic karlsson with burns as an x factor.

but regardless im impressed. hes had some warts, but this is the guy that we traded for. You let him be the guy, own the ice and let dillon clean up.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Since December 14, 2017, Meier has played 64 games. In that time frame, he has 26 goals and 16 assists with a +11 rating.

His 26 goals rank 1st on the Sharks and 18th in the NHL, tied with John Tavares.

His 42 points rank 4th on the Sharks and 84th in the NHL, tied with Vladimir Tarasenko.

His 21 even strength goals rank 1st on the Sharks and 8th in the NHL, tied with Alexander Ovechkin.

His 35 even strength points rank 1st on the Sharks and 52nd in the NHL, tied with Nicklas Backstrom.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
1) that aberg goal looks pretty shitty on ryan, he kind of quit on that play. not the way to get off the bench in the third!
2) anyone notice that set(?) play with karlsson trying to break in off the faceoff, with burns sending him in?

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Timo is amazing.

So happy he is panning out in this way.

He always was a hardworker. When in CHL, he was diminished because of Nilolai Ehler who was credited of all goals he was scoring. Some arguing that he would score only because Ehlers was there to set them up.

And now it is truly TIMO TIME on a good Shark team and line.
by the way he speaks english like Federer ;-) this swiss german accent.

Meier, a year younger and not playing with Patrik Laine, has as many EV points as Ehlers since December 14. ;)

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
1) that aberg goal looks pretty ****ty on ryan, he kind of quit on that play. not the way to get off the bench in the third!
2) anyone notice that set(?) play with karlsson trying to break in off the faceoff, with burns sending him in?

Yes, I did notice the set play, with around a minute left in the game. It was definitely smart but a bit risky.

Also, Chartier looks low key jacked. I think of him as a small player but he clearly has some bulk on his frame. He said he’s not too sure where the puck from his goal is and he doesn’t care :laugh:

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Timo is trending in the right direction. He's always had the physical tools, but he knows what it takes to score now.

No more just being able to power a shot by the goalie on a bad angle with no screen. No more bad angle shots. Drive the net hard, deal with the physicality and power through.

He's seriously the perfect power forward. I expect him to hit 30 goals a year for a good amount of years.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Between Timo, Hertl, and Kane, we have three of probably the top 10 power forwards in the game. Hard guys to play against and built for the playoffs.

Who's better at this point?
Draisatl
Kopitar
Getzlaf
Wheeler
Benn
Anyone else?

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Yes, I did notice the set play, with around a minute left in the game. It was definitely smart but a bit risky.

Also, Chartier looks low key jacked. I think of him as a small player but he clearly has some bulk on his frame. He said he’s not too sure where the puck from his goal is and he doesn’t care :laugh:

Chartier is built like a brick.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Agreed.

It seems like I have been saying Labanc is having an off-day more often than I would have liked to. He seems very streaky with his offensive which would be acceptable if he just didnt turn the puck over so much.

Whenever the games are fast and physical he disappears. That's cause for concern to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad