GDT: Is There A Game Today? Sharks (5-3-2) at Ducks (5-5-1) Game 11 5:00PM

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I have never once had an argument with anyone on this message board, I'm a go with the flow kind of guy!

Come to think of it, LZ and I haven't gotten into it in awhile, maybe I'm getting too mellow.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I've noticed that Timo now plays inside the dots and stops in front of the net. His first year and two months, he was trying to score from far out and doing fly bys. As a result he is scoring goals. It helps when you have great contact balance and strength too.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I've noticed that Timo now plays inside the dots and stops in front of the net. His first year and two months, he was trying to score from far out and doing fly bys. As a result he is scoring goals. It helps when you have great contact balance and strength too.
I missed out on prime Cheechoo but I still love watching the clips. The way Timo can initiate contact and maintain his balance is reminiscent of some of Cheechoo's highlights.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I missed out on prime Cheechoo but I still love watching the clips. The way Timo can initiate contact and maintain his balance is reminiscent of some of Cheechoo's highlights.

I see it but I think Timo is a really underrated puck carrier. He and Kane just go through players and manage to maintain control of the puck. Hertl too.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They both find the soft spots in different ways. Cheechoo had a knack for getting really close to the crease then peeling off at the exact right time. Timo gets there and stays really close, and only drifts slightly.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
What keeps impressing me about all three of our power forwards is how many ways they can beat players -- they can deke (and deke OFTEN), they're fast (Hertl seems way faster this year, but Kane is obviously really quick and Meier surprises me with his speed), and they've all got great shots. It's fun to watch. I'm in for a Kane-Hertl-Meier line one day.

Reactions: Phu

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What keeps impressing me about all three of our power forwards is how many ways they can beat players -- they can deke (and deke OFTEN), they're fast (Hertl seems way faster this year, but Kane is obviously really quick and Meier surprises me with his speed), and they've all got great shots. It's fun to watch. I'm in for a Kane-Hertl-Meier line one day.
Hertl's skating was pretty good last year too. He's really improved his technique a lot. His main problem was those first couple steps where it looked like he was stepping through mud but I haven't seen anything like that in a like 2 years.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
being there live was cool. things i noticed on burns, he really needs to stop with the no look passes. that was driving me insane!

Fun fact, every time my friend left to take his toddler to the bathroom the ducks would score!

I said stop leaving! finally they didn't and we won!

Reactions: Phu and drunksage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->