Post-Game Talk: Is There A Draft After The Pre-Season Too? Leafs Fall To 0-2 In Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Babs will end the Holland experiment before the season starts. Anything less sends the wrong message to everyone else who competes on a game by game basis.

I'm hoping they can use him as bait with some retention perhaps to a team that needs cap space. Holland is still a decent depth forward, especially for a team tight in cash. You could do a lot worst.

I'd trade him to Anaheim to take back Stoner and a good asset like Montour or something.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I completely disagree on EVERYTHING you said.

Holland wasn't that good. He made a couple good plays but overall was pretty average. I'd expect him to be a little better considering his job is on the line and the lineup we had.

Dermott was definitely not better than Carrick or Marincin last night and isn't better right now. He's definitely got potential but needs time because his game last night was pretty chaotic at times.

Dermott was ok last night but nothing special. Andrew Nielsen is ahead of him on the current prospect depth chart.

I was disappointed with Valiev. He looked overwhelmed with the speed of the Sabres. No question he's destined for the AHL.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
holland was good last night, handled the puck well in a few occasions, made some nice passes, skated well...did a lot better than laich and froese in their 1st games

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
leivo made some nice plays in the 3rd, but his skating isnt up to par from what i see

leipsic is never making the nhl

rychel ended up disappointing too, i didnt even remembering seeing him much in the 2nd half of the game

lindberg showed good speed throughout game, he looked alright, he doesnt have much skills though

both goalies were good, both better than bibs

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
leivo made some nice plays in the 3rd, but his skating isnt up to par from what i see

leipsic is never making the nhl

rychel ended up disappointing too, i didnt even remembering seeing him much in the 2nd half of the game

lindberg showed good speed throughout game, he looked alright, he doesnt have much skills though

both goalies were good, both better than bibs

How can you say that Leipsic is never making the NHL based on 1 pre-season game?

I was at the game and it was pretty boring.

Not a ton of stand-outs.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I watched Team Canada mostly, but from what I saw, it seemed like Naz and Willy looked pretty good last night.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Very pleased with Nylander's performance, especially with how he covered the right areas without the puck. Super slick with the puck as always.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This isn't even preseason, there are still players parachuting in from the WCH.

Wait for the cuts and then consider how small the sample size is.

Bunch of juniors still involved in this, and this is the fully ripe Shanahan Leafs, not a throw them to the wolves of yesteryear.

Not sure did the Leafs even have ten NHL players in the line-up?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
This isn't even preseason, there are still players parachuting in from the WCH.

Wait for the cuts and then consider how small the sample size is.

Bunch of juniors still involved in this, and this is the fully ripe Shanahan Leafs, not a throw them to the wolves of yesteryear.

Not sure did the Leafs even have ten NHL players in the line-up?

I'd say that the Leafs had 6 NHLers in the line-up and maybe 1 more bubble player.

Kadri
Hyman?
1 of Leivo, Rychel, Carrick?
Holland
Nylander
Marincin
Martin

Everyone else needs 1 more year of junior or AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad