KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
V0vNNey.gif

Now you got me hungry for some tacos.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Yeah because that worked out great last season, and we're in the same position as then as well. Let's just throw away another year and hope they do well in the lottery.....What if this team isn't as ****ty as they appear to be and Todd really is trash? I mean, you really have to question a lot of the decisions he makes. It's time for a change.
Sorry I meant we should get rid of Todd

Reactions: Porkleaker

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I’m starting to think Chia’s plan of everybody just playing better may have been flawed.
That was the entire organization. From Nicholson to Chiarelli and on to Mclellan. They all blamed the players. Never heard of an organization throwing all their players under the bus before. OBC had enough class never to take that approach.

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Scotty Bowman, Glen sather, Bob Johnson, Toe Blake wouldn't win with this line up. You can't coach skill, and you can't manufactured if it's not in your lineup. All you have to do is look around League at all the extra letters that are playing well somewhere else. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the GM. We have been better off keeping tambellini or not getting rid of everyone 4 a third pairing defenseman and a bunch of Scrubs. He's got nothing to show for his trades even the ones he's won, have been mediocre upgrades until he got more Talent in this line up it's going to be rinse and repeat.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I don't know if you can just get rid of Todd. They just signed all new assistant coaches this year to contracts, and the new theoretical HC would want his own assistants.

Can't imagine having like 9 assistants on the payroll.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's honestly awful. If he has to play over 6 minutes a game, you're in trouble. A guy like him shouldn't be seeing major minutes on an elite hockey team. That's one piece of hard evidence that we are NOT an elite team going by roster pieces, if that wasn't known or needed before.

I've called him a true #7 Dman before, but I think he's actually more suited to be on your 2nd pairing in the AHL.

100%. Real teams don't dress Matt Bennings. And smart GMs don't extend him. And smart coaches don't continue to play him. We USED to be optionless, so you could kind of see why Tmac might have been forced to play him. But we had 2 more games where Bouchard could have stepped in and we didn't use em. And we got Bear who's healthy again (right?) where is he? Bear if he wasn't injured should have taken every single minute that Benning's had this year. For a team without any "exceptional passers" how the hell aren't we playing Bear who has a snappy and smart outlet pass.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Scotty Bowman, Glen sather, Bob Johnson, Toe Blake wouldn't win with this line up. You can't coach skill, and you can't manufactured if it's not in your lineup. All you have to do is look around League at all the extra letters that are playing well somewhere else. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the GM. We have been better off keeping tambellini or not getting rid of everyone 4 a third pairing defenseman and a bunch of Scrubs. He's got nothing to show for his trades even the ones he's won, have been mediocre upgrades until he got more Talent in this line up it's going to be rinse and repeat.
The GM sucks, but a good coach doesn't need a great roster to win.

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I don't know if you can just get rid of Todd. They just signed all new assistant coaches this year to contracts, and the new theoretical HC would want his own assistants.

Can't imagine having like 9 assistants on the payroll.

I think GG was brought in for this reason: Chia knew he couldn't afford another lost season, and GG gives him a backup plan as coach. Maybe I'm giving Chia too much credit. We'll probably find out soon if this is the case, IMO.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I think GG was brought in for this reason: Chia knew he couldn't afford another lost season, and GG gives him a backup plan as coach. Maybe I'm giving Chia too much credit. We'll probably find out soon if this is the case, IMO.
I think you are right. Chiarelli told the media he was helping with the interview process for the assistants. It wasn't just Todd bringing in coaches he liked.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010

Really? A coach would pull a goalie, take a timeout, maybe make an in-game adjustment. We brought in PKers but seems the same as last year. At this point would like letestu on the powerplay as it would show that the coach understands the game.

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Sorry for the spelling errors I'm using spell checker at work.
I'm basically talking about a bunch of the ex skilled Edmonton Oilers that are playing on other teams around the league.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
hmm...if Todd doesn't get fired, and Talbot does his thing, how far would our rankings as the most hated franchise go up if we clinched another 1st overall pick and spiked Jack Hughes?
Right now, I think Edmonton is definitely top 5, with Toronto, Boston, and Pittsburgh at the top of the hill.

Everyone knows we already got 4 1st overalls in 6 years, even the casual NHL fans. The McDavid win triggered the entire hockey world, and we immediately became a top 5 most hated franchise. But another 1st overall? In a draft year that's considered to produce yet another generational talent in Jack Hughes. People are having conversations of him being miles better than his American counterparts Matthews and Eichel.

I'm just trying to find some solace in what seems to be a bottomless pit of hopelessness and insanity

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I think you are right. Chiarelli told the media he was helping with the interview process for the assistants. It wasn't just Todd bringing in coaches he liked.

Well it’s the Saskatchewan triad so I dunno

If all that talk about TMac allegedly being a great salesman and shit...ugh F them all

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If Q was coaching the lineup... Basing this on their lockout year lineup which was...

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Stalberg - Shaw - Bickell
Mayers - Kruger - Frolik

Benson - McDavid - Draisaitl
Chiasson - RNH - Puljujarvi
Caggiula - Marody - Spooner/Rattie
Khaira/Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian

Edit: Basing the defense on...
Keith - Seabrook
Oduya - Hammer
Rosival - Leddy

Klefbom - Jones
Russell - Larsson
Nurse - Bear

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
PL2Xeah.gif

Leon's reaction after scoring tonight.

McDavid not going out for the 3 stars and instead giving the cap to a kid in the stands by the hallway also speaks volumes.

I was at the Florida game sitting 3 rows up between the benches at dead centre ice and after about a 15 second shift Lucic and his line was called off the ice in an offensive zone draw and IIRC Draisatls line came out. Lucic skating off the ice glared at Gulatzan and said to him What the f*** is this, loud enough to be clearly heard behind the glass. Slammed the bench door, turned his back to the coach and his team mates and slumped, didn't follow the play and just opened the door for other players not moving down as players often do, waiting for his number to be called, which was a while.

He did the same tonight mid 3rd, although I cant tell if he said anything to the coach. But the same schtick, short shift after his AHL line mates bobbled the puck around centre ice, went to the bench, massive door slam and sat with his back to his team mates and his coach w slumped shoulders and did not engage beyond that other than to open the bench for his team mates, not moving down to the centre of the bench as players normally do. It was real bad and I doubt the TV cameras caught it or most fans unless you were specifically keying on Lucic coming off the ice.

As much as it pains me to say it as I was a huge Lucic fan when he was in Boston and was excited about his signing here, Lucic has become a cancer. They need to move heaven and earth to dump Lucic.

The time has come to be moving that player to another team even if it means giving up on this years first and taking bad money back. You simply cannot have a cancer in the room and he's become a lighting rod for all that ails the team. Not that it will change the fact we have little secondary scoring, but time for Rebuild 3 to start.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
hmm...if Todd doesn't get fired, and Talbot does his thing, how far would our rankings as the most hated franchise go up if we clinched another 1st overall pick and spiked Jack Hughes?
Right now, I think Edmonton is definitely top 5, with Toronto, Boston, and Pittsburgh at the top of the hill.

Everyone knows we already got 4 1st overalls in 6 years, even the casual NHL fans. The McDavid win triggered the entire hockey world, and we immediately became a top 5 most hated franchise. But another 1st overall? In a draft year that's considered to produce yet another generational talent in Jack Hughes. People are having conversations of him being miles better than his American counterparts Matthews and Eichel.

I'm just trying to find some solace in what seems to be a bottomless pit of hopelessness and insanity

At this point, I can get behind a crash and burn season, grab #1 Hughes at the draft, and just watch the hockey world burn. Some men just want to watch the world burn, you know? A very ancient and wise philosopher once said that.

Boom not bust

Nov 17, 2018
Edmonton
100%. Real teams don't dress Matt Bennings. And smart GMs don't extend him. And smart coaches don't continue to play him. We USED to be optionless, so you could kind of see why Tmac might have been forced to play him. But we had 2 more games where Bouchard could have stepped in and we didn't use em. And we got Bear who's healthy again (right?) where is he? Bear if he wasn't injured should have taken every single minute that Benning's had this year. For a team without any "exceptional passers" how the hell aren't we playing Bear who has a snappy and smart outlet pass.
Benning certainly sucks and Bear did look like a good passer when he was here last year, the trouble is Bear was slow footed and a turnstile on d and we would still be in trouble.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Benning certainly sucks and Bear did look like a good passer when he was here last year, the trouble is Bear was slow footed and a turnstile on d and we would still be in trouble.

Benning is slow a turnstile, and he also and can't pass. I'd rather have Bear. But Bear also needs more development time. The options Chia gave to Todd on D going into this season were hardly ideal. But the same could be said for most teams, and most find a way to make it work better than we do.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad