Speculation: Is there a better fit for Krug than Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Get real Rask is talking about retiring after next season, Krejci, Bergeron and Marchand are all on the wrong side of 30 Boston will be trending down here in the next few year. Detroit will have a young exciting and dynamic team coming up within the next 3 to 4 years especially if we land Lafreniere. So it's not a gimme that should Krug deide to stay in Boston that they're going to be cup contenders year in and year out. Their window will be closing probably within the next to 3 years. Curious what's Boston backup plan should Rask retire who's their future #1 Goalie within their system?

I’d argue that Boston is further ahead in their rebuild than Detroit if you look at the two teams 23 and under talent...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
LA Kings would be... Doughty finally has a good partner and could use a LHD.

Not. Winnipeg. Morrissey is a better fit than any LHD in the league is for the Jets. Although, a Doughty-Morrissey pairing would be pretty sick.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
LA Kings would be... Doughty finally has a good partner and could use a LHD.

Not. Winnipeg. Morrissey is a better fit than any LHD in the league is for the Jets. Although, a Doughty-Morrissey pairing would be pretty sick.

Teams generally run 3 defensive pairings. Not sure Morrissey could handle being the LHD for all of them.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Krug has said he has two things on his mind for his next deal.

1) Where he wants to raise his family
2) The trade off between higher salary and having a chance of winning and how far he wants to be willing to go

He and his (Michigan born and raised) wife have made Boston their home and he has said he is willing to take a discount to stay. Of course, that could mean $1. Or it could mean "discount based from what I am going to ask on July 1st".

Boston has the cap space. But, do they want to give him the term? If he had a Shattenkirk like fall off would it be shocking at all? Unlike Shattenkirk he has shown the ability to up his game in the playoffs and is one of the leaders in the room. Its a hard choice. Especially when the Bruins have a few LD ready to make the jump to the NHL. And one in Gryz that is ready for top 4 duty. But they also have a top 4 LD that is 4,300 years old. Can they bring TWO new LD into the top 4 in the next couple of seasons? OH and the expansion draft adds another complication.

I have no idea if he will stay in Boston. I think both sides want it to work, but I also think that Boston wants it on their terms.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Krugs getting more then 7x7 and why would he have any interest what so ever in Calgary?

I think he gets exactly that, and he'd be interested in Calgary, because its his choice where he can play? idk i made a proposal for him, doesn't mean i know his interests and wants.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I’d argue that Boston is further
ahead in their rebuild than Detroit if you look at the two teams 23 and under talent...

McAvoy, Carlo, Debrusk and who? Not much talent in the pipeline.

VS

Larkin, Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Rasmussen, Hronek, Lafreniere/Byfield/Drysdale

If you change it to 25 and under then you can also add Bertuzzi/Mantha/Fabbri for Detroit and Bjork/Rittchie for Boston.

I think you’d definitely give that edge to Detroit. Especially when you consider the stupid amount of Cap Space were about to have.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
McAvoy, Carlo, Debrusk and who? Not much talent in the pipeline.

VS

Larkin, Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Rasmussen, Hronek, Lafreniere/Byfield/Drysdale

If you change it to 25 and under then you can also add Bertuzzi/Mantha/Fabbri for Detroit and Bjork/Rittchie for Boston.

I think you’d definitely give that edge to Detroit. Especially when you consider the stupid amount of Cap Space were about to have.

Well you missed the rocket winner for one lol.

Hockey News Future Watch had Studnicka and Vaakanainen as two of their top 10 highest risers this year (published in March). Vladar was the best goalie in the AHL this year by save % and GAA. Swayman was the best goalie in the NCAA by a lot. Lauzon isn’t sexy but had been a very solid addition to the Bruins this year.

If you want to move the posts to 25 you also forgot Kase, who certainly has a resume at least equal to Fabbri.

I don’t think a Wings fan should be talking about the use of cap lol. Bruins don’t have one bad contract. Krejci and Chara are expiring right on time. Bruins will have a lot of cash next summer too :).

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I fully support Krug leaving Boston. I don't really care where he goes as long as it isn't to Tampa. No one serious about winning a Cup is going to Montreal. Their refusal to rebuild pretty much ensures they will never have a true star #1 C so they are just spinning their wheels. If Krug wants to go though, I'm totally ok with it.

Reactions: Saint Blue

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I fully support Krug leaving Boston. I don't really care where he goes as long as it isn't to Tampa. No one serious about winning a Cup is going to Montreal. Their refusal to rebuild pretty much ensures they will never have a true star #1 C so they are just spinning their wheels. If Krug wants to go though, I'm totally ok with it.
What DO you medan? Alnzer signed in Montreal because he liked their chances :p

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think he gets exactly that, and he'd be interested in Calgary, because its his choice where he can play? idk i made a proposal for him, doesn't mean i know his interests and wants.
He'd take that in Boston but not Calgary. No reason for him to go to Calgary they're not that close to contending probably lose Gaudreau in a year or two to free agency. So don't see it happening Krug will want between $8 to $9 million to play anywhere in Canada.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
He'd take that in Boston but not Calgary. No reason for him to go to Calgary they're not that close to contending probably lose Gaudreau in a year or two to free agency. So don't see it happening Krug will want between $8 to $9 million to play anywhere in Canada.

How many teams will have 7 million open for 1 single player this offseason? I'm going to stick with Krug getting 7M by 7 years, to a team any team, doesn't have to be the Flames, i made a proposal to the Bruins fan base, and i have a Red Wings fan asking me about it? What?!?! Lol

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How many teams will have 7 million open for 1 single player this offseason? I'm going to stick with Krug getting 7M by 7 years, to a team any team, doesn't have to be the Flames, i made a proposal to the Bruins fan base, and i have a Red Wings fan asking me about it? What?!?! Lol

I mean he is a UFA so no need to make a proposal!

Reactions: FameFlame069

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Kopitar, Bergeron/Krejci, RoR/Schenn ... Not every team has to go the Crosby route...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Tons hometown Detroit, Ottawa, New Jersey Buffalo I mean yeah there non-contenders but they wont always be non-contenders with the right pieces. But i guarantee you any team not named Boston will be paying Krug more then 7m per pretty much guarantee you that. Not sure Boston gets it done with 7x7 most insiders and NHL exes say that they're hearing that the Krug camp wants around 7+m to 8m per for at least 6 years to sign.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
He won't be getting more than 7 per year in Boston.

I can see 7 years at 6.6-6.75 per
or
8 years at 6 per

I love Krug but I wouldn't want to commit more than 6 years to him that's why I believe he will move on.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You are arguing with someone who thinks the Red Wings have a shot at Krug but the Flames cant get him because they aren't a good enough team. Let that sink in....

Reactions: FameFlame069

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
You are arguing with someone who thinks the Red Wings have a shot at Krug but the Flames cant get him because they aren't a good enough team. Let that sink in....
Not arguing with anyone, Pure fact he's from Michigan pure fact he grew up a Red Wings fan. Pure fact he'd stated numerous times his desire to play in Detroit someday. Pure fact that all Canadian teams are on his no trade list. So yeah Krug is more then likely heading to Detroit then he would be heading for Calgary.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Not arguing with anyone, Pure fact he's from Michigan pure fact he grew up a Red Wings fan. Pure fact he'd stated numerous times his desire to play in Detroit someday. Pure fact that all Canadian teams are on his no trade list. So yeah Krug is more then likely heading to Detroit then he would be heading for Calgary.
:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad