Is Subban heading towards another Norris?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Why wasn’t he named at least an assitant in Nashville?

I don’t know the story about Weber and Nashville, and never suggested. Obviously there was an issue, and whatever Poile thought about Weber, doesn’t change anything about Subban and Montreal.

Your comparing apples and oranges.
Who is actually making the most posts about him? You.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
An actual life is where people don’t lose their head over celebrities and claim them to be larger than life. He’s bigger than life for a fringe number of radical fans who are hellbent on continuously raging about a trade that is already 2 years old.

I can tell you living in montreal pk subban is nothing but a class act and an inspiration to thousands of kids and adults of all ages over here. It's rare to have a player like that and we squandered it.

He's more than a celebrity and he truly represented the city like few players have done in the recent history of the habs franchise. Hockey is huge here and fans have the right to be mad about the trade , fans are also happy he's in an organization that he can fully flourish in on the ice and off of it.

The bitterness people have against the trade and the habs mediocre management regarding the handling of pk is totally warranted

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Why wasn’t he named at least an assitant in Nashville?

I don’t know the story about Weber and Nashville, and never suggested. Obviously there was an issue, and whatever Poile thought about Weber, doesn’t change anything about Subban and Montreal.

Your comparing apples and oranges.
1. He is not openly asking for a letter in Nashville
2. Seniority means a lot to this organization.
3. Josi, Ellis are both defensemen and already are Captain and Assistant and the team has always had 2 d men and 2 forwards.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I can tell you living in montreal pk subban is nothing but a class act and an inspiration to thousands of kids and adults of all ages over here. It's rare to have a player like that and we squandered it.

He's more than a celebrity and he truly represented the city like few players have done in the recent history of the habs franchise. Hockey is huge here and fans have the right to be mad about the trade , fans are also happy he's in an organization that he can fully flourish in on the ice and off of it.

The bitterness people have against the trade and the habs mediocre management regarding the handling of pk is totally warranted

I know tons of Montreal fans personally and when that trade was made ,all I heard was Weber is better and were in Cup mode etc etc.Now it's a bad trade by same people.Anytime you trade a d man of Subbans talents for another d man 4 years older you better be darn sure your set up to win and they were not.That GM is a disgrace.I was Hab fan I would not spend 1 red cent on Molson products.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I know tons of Montreal fans personally and when that trade was made ,all I heard was Weber is better and were in Cup mode etc etc.Now it's a bad trade by same people.Anytime you trade a d man of Subbans talents for another d man 4 years older you better be darn sure your set up to win and they were not.That GM is a disgrace.I was Hab fan I would not spend 1 red cent on Molson products.

It was pretty 50/50 among people that I know in real life. On HF though, vast majority of our board hated the trade from day 1.

And that's not meant as a form of disrespect to Weber who's a very good player as well, but everything that lead to that trade, in terms of player management, was downright sickening.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think John Klingberg is the favourite at the moment... if Dallas can get into the playoffs at least. If you ask me, I think Dallas should go all in this year. Can't wait to see him and Heiskanen together.

But if not Klingberg, I'd probably can agree Subban would indeed be the favourite.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I think John Klingberg is the favourite at the moment... if Dallas can get into the playoffs at least. If you ask me, I think Dallas should go all in this year. Can't wait to see him and Heiskanen together.

But if not Klingberg, I'd probably can agree Subban would indeed be the favourite.

Klingberg is in the 69% percentile in Offensive starts among D’s

Subban is in the 9% percentile for offensive starts

You know what this means?

It means Dat Dis guy is Da great person. Tanks to Therrien. And Tanks to Therrien Dis guy is gonna win Da Norris.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

It means Dat Dis guy is Da great person. Tanks to Therrien. And Tanks to Therrien Dis guy is gonna win Da Norris.

69% is wrong its ~50% i mean its even posted 2 Pages back

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Friedbrain made a good point on HNIC in that Nashville defensemen will probably steal Norris votes from each other

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If you cant see Subban is the better player you don’t deserve to be called a journalist

He's not wrong. Weber-Suter did it for years so there's precedent, and the advantage Nashville has--of using guys to their strengths in particular situations--might not necessarily be favorable to Norris voting. Whether it should be that way or not is for sure debatable, but I do think there's merit to the thought (because as we all know only a small percentage of the voters will look even a fraction as deep as we do here. You think, say, the Ducks beat writer gives a shit about Klingberg's deployment all year?).

Reactions: triggrman

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You're confusing percentage and percentile.

Doesn't matter the 69 is incorrect in any case.

By the way Dallas by a pretty healthy margin leads the league in Icings and the Pateryn/Hamhuis pairing is the worst offender at that. That leads to extra and unneccesary defensive zone starts . When i looked up Heatheringtons Zone Starts and saw how many D-Zone starts he had i got confused for a 10-15 minute rookie ( like 66-33 D-Zone/O-Zone ) but i would think Icings play huge part in that .

The only reason why the Icings haven't come back to bite the team in the butt yet is because the Stars are also the best faceoff team in the league. Quite of it goes icing , faceoff win , icing rinse and repeat until they finally get full control.

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I think John Klingberg is the favourite at the moment..
He'd be my pick, but realistically, he might not be a big enough of a name for the PWHA. I just can't see him as a favorite, no matter how well he plays out the rest of the year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He'd be my pick, but realistically, he might not be a big enough of a name for the PWHA. I just can't see him as a favorite, no matter how well he plays out the rest of the year.

Sadly true you need to be an household name OR play a in huge hockey market for recognition . If Subban played his whole career in Nashville he wouldn't have the recognition he has now for example. You can see it in how the votes for awards go that people just vote for guys they see very often and not who is actually the best.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sadly true you need to be an household name OR play a in huge hockey market for recognition . If Subban played his whole career in Nashville he wouldn't have the recognition he has now for example. You can see it in how the votes for awards go that people just vote for guys they see very often and not who is actually the best.

I really think this is overstated. The cream always rises to the top, especially because fans make noise that others pick up on. Can always argue over the minutae of who deserved it but it's not like the voters often get the top-3 or 4 so wrong.

He was on everyone's midyear ballots as top-3. I know it's a popular meme but he's getting plenty of recognition from the media. The martydom complex that some have on Klingberg's behalf is distasteful in the face of evidence to the contrary (not you directly but a lot of people alluding to he won't the respect he deserves).

Jan 21, 2018
I feel so bad for Weber. Gave his heart and soul to Nashville and got traded just before they went to the next level.

I guess Subban could have been the reason they got there but still, he deserves to be on a playoff team.

And don't get me started on Price. Generational goaltender that will never win a cup because he got stuck with a GM that couldn't build a half decent team around him.

Reactions: Gnashville

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I feel so bad for Weber. Gave his heart and soul to Nashville and got traded just before they went to the next level.

I guess Subban could have been the reason they got there but still, he deserves to be on a playoff team.

And don't get me started on Price. Generational goaltender that will never win a cup because he got stuck with a GM that couldn't build a half decent team around him.

They went to the next level because for good old Canadian boys everyone knows pk makes Nashville better. Lol Habs now without him.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

I hope that somehow Weber ends up back in Nashville but Montreal retains his salary.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Klingberg is in the ~45 percentile for OZ starts and Hedman is in the ~68

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
What about Burns? he's second in Points this year and he's got the most Points of all defensemen since December 1st, with 36 Points in 32 games. 11 more than your PK. Burns could be heading for another 70 + Point season and he's won the Norris before too, unlike Klingenberg.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
No no..it's clearly Karlssons trophy to lose again this year...because....well he's on a Canadian team is all I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad