Is Subban heading towards another Norris?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm a huge PK and noticed that as of last night he's 3rd in points for defenders with I believe games in hand. He also had the better +/- rating vs those above him.

Obviously points aren't everything especially for a defenseman but it's nice to see him doing so good.

As a habs fan who hasn't really watched Nashville this year (let alone other teams with top defenders) - how good has PK been so far? Is he a candidate for Norris if season ended today? I believe last year in Nashville he wasn' getting prime offensive minutes that was usually Josi - Is that still the case?

Who are some of the Norris favorites at this stage and how does Subban rank vs them?

Reactions: Sk8M8

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
PK has caught fire in the last 10 games. Maybe. He seems to be on track for 50-60 points this season. He has been paired with Emelin while Ellis has been out.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I hope not. Can't stand the guy. Tough to say there are a lot of dmen having good years. Klingberg, Doughty,Carlson,Hedman and so on.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Think it's Hedman this year because of the Bolts' run, but P.K. can certainly be in the mix for top 3.

I think the Lightning's overall depth kind of plays against Hedman at this point. He's having a good season, but I don't think he leads the race.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Is Doughty really having a better year? Advanced stats show that Subban is playing better and the eyetest confirms it for me.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
A lot of the big guys are having their Norris finalist years this year. Going to be interesting to see who lasts the rest of the season. Burns fizzled out at the end of last season and still won.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I'd put him in the top 5 on a voting ballot, some people still think of him as a defensive liability but Subban has actually really been a rock and stepped up in the absence of Ellis. I don't think he'll win it but he could be nominated, Klingberg has my vote right now.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad