Is Steve Yzerman an above average GM?

Is Steve Yzerman an above average GM?

• Total voters

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not really, no.

He lives off his reputation from Tampa,

These last two years have been filled with a lot of really stupid deals.

It's almost like he's trying to finish with 80-85 points, or he thinks this isenough to slowly get them over the playoff line, despite a highly mediocre roster and contracts to a bunch of guys they shouldn't be signing.

This reminds me of the shit Lou was doing at the end of his time with the Devils.

The Yzerplan is a fraud.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
With alot of cap space open, He had a very rare opportunity to do extremely well today either with UFAs or big trades but I feel he really failed.

Some teams are dying to trade guys to make cap room and he coulda acquired some guys for cheaper than normal

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The glare has definitely worn off a bit since he’s come to Detroit. Some questionable ufa signings to say the least

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I thought he was a bit overrated early on in his tenure at Tampa Bay.

He's good at drafting but these UFA signings are not good at all. Copp and Compher at 5 million plus, long term? Holl and Chariot long term?

Reactions: Bleedred

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
he is a good gm but if you don’t get lucky in the lottery or with late picks you are gonna be f***ed. guessing ownership is wanting them to make the playoffs now so he is just throwing money at anyone he can get.

Reactions: tucson83

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
19M spent on Compher, Copp, Chiarot and Holl.
bold-strategies-cotton.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad