GDT: COL @ WPG: Checkmate (COL Leads 3-1): 9:30p ET

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Who are perfetti and Miller and why are they worrying?

There's an old adage in warfare : never interrupt your enemy when they're sending Monahan onto the ice.

If the Avs can adjust to Winnipeg's adjustments I'm confident that they can do some damage and threaten Dallas/Vegas.

Lose tonight and the window is closed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Who are perfetti and Miller and why are they worrying?

There's an old adage in warfare : never interrupt your enemy when they're sending Monahan onto the ice.

If the Avs can adjust to Winnipeg's adjustments I'm confident that they can do some damage and threaten Dallas/Vegas.

Lose tonight and the window is closed.
Perfetti and Miller shouldn't move the needle, but they add a good amount of skill and puck movement to lineup. Combine that with splitting up the top guys, and Winnipeg is working to get some sort of advantage tonight. They'll be working to avoid Mitts as much as possible.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Perfetti and Miller shouldn't move the needle, but they add a good amount of skill and puck movement to lineup. Combine that with splitting up the top guys, and Winnipeg is working to get some sort of advantage tonight. They'll be working to avoid Mitts as much as possible.
Hard to believe that on a team with Nathan MacKinnon, Cale Makar, and Mikko Rantanen, that the player that Rick Bowness would be working hard to avoid is

[checks notes]

Casey Mittelstadt.

(And I don't mean that as a knock on Casey, just that it wasn't what I would've necessarily foreseen)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't give a f*** who they change in their lineup.

We send the Jets to the first tee starting tomorrow morning.

They be rollin' up to the best golf course in Winnipeg all
inside-abandoned-desert-golf-course-851880417.jpg

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Bowness makes the lineup changes he should have made two games ago. Curious to see if it pays off at all.

I saw Landy took morning skate so I can assume 9296 will be back together.... hehe

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Perfetti will likely take the bumper spot on Winnipeg's power play, and that alone should make it just a little more deadly. That could be problematic as the PK is still very much an issue with the Avs. Plus, Perfetti has proven he can score on the Avs in bunches.

Bottom line, they added two players who don't suck to the lineup, and took out at least one guy who does.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I go back to Cale’s comments after last game about winning the game that ends a team’s season is often the most difficult. There’s enough leadership I’m the room to be mentally prepared for this. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy, especially if the Jets get momentum early. Favorable whistles might factor in too.

If the Avs get behind a couple of goals, they’ve proven that they can come back. It doesn’t mean it’s a certainty they will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad