Is Stamkos a HOF lock?

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
He's not a lock but I'd definitely say it's his spot to lose at this point of his career. All he needs is a cup win and to play well into his mid 30s and history will be pretty kind to him. Should be a first ballot if things go that way.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
People definitely overestimate what it takes to get into the HOF. It's not that much, Stamkos is easily in.

I think he's on track to be easily in. If he retired today, I don't think he'd quite make it, so I wouldn't call him a lock yet.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
hes a lock

had a great 18-19 too especially considering he was glued to ondrej "my wrister cant go an inch off the ice" palat for much of the season
What happened to Palat? I remember like 3 or 4 years ago he was one of my favorite under the radar guys. Played a bit like a poor man's Hossa and put up points. Seems like he isn't the player that he was then? (I'm asking since I haven't been able to watch as much Tampa in last year couple of years.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What happened to Palat? I remember like 3 or 4 years ago he was one of my favorite under the radar guys. Played a bit like a poor man's Hossa and put up points. Seems like he isn't the player that he was then? (I'm asking since I haven't been able to watch as much Tampa in last year couple of years.
he was injured last year and sucked but hes been amazing again this year

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Probably yes, the guy has achieved enough for many to concider him, a Stainley Cup would cement him, or another Rocket, plus he has one of the best hockey names out there so..

KinCornKarn

Oct 2, 2003
You're looking at 500+ goals easily. Well over 1000 points. Probably point per game. I'm not a lightning fan so I say not a lock.

hypereconomist

Mar 10, 2019
People definitely overestimate what it takes to get into the HOF. It's not that much, Stamkos is easily in.

Agreed. He'll make it into the HHOF without a question.

AST voting record: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4
1x Hart runner-up
2x Rocket winner
7x top 10 point finishes
5x top 5 goal finishes
Marquee player on a presidents trophy winning team

The only question is whether or not he'll elevate his resume in his remaining years to that of a first ballot inductee

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
But that’s not the bar that is set for induction into the HOF. Based on how players are currently inducted, and have done so for some time, he’s most likely a 1st ballot inductee. Ovi is arguably the best goal scorer of all time, so the fact Stamkos is remotely close to him statistically over some stretches of his career speaks volumes.

On a side note, I think Kovi gets in also as it’s not the NHL Hall of Fame and the rest of his career qualifies him.

Yes he will get in. And I'd lean towards yes too. He's been a great player. I just think a Smythe would make him a first ballot lock.

MAJR

May 9, 2020
Gartner, Federko, Gillies, Housley, Ciccarelli, Carbonneau, Mullen, etc.

Winning one of the big individual awards or being a post-season all star team selection even once is a far greater and more dufficult achievement than being voted into the HHOF.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad