Player Discussion Is Smith cooked? Edit: YEAH HE IS!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I’m not either, but he’s free and zero risk. There’s also a chance he could be an okay backup.

Disagree. I think there are issues with Mason beyond SV%, but I don't know what those things are. The reason why I say this is that there are a ton of of teams picking up goalies off waivers this season rather than signing Mason. I don't think Mason is a guy to target.

And risk wise? There is one assuming somehow Smith isn't playing.

Rittich
Gilles
Parsons
MacDonald

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Disagree. I think there are issues with Mason beyond SV%, but I don't know what those things are. The reason why I say this is that there are a ton of of teams picking up goalies off waivers this season rather than signing Mason. I don't think Mason is a guy to target.

And risk wise? There is one assuming somehow Smith isn't playing.

Rittich
Gilles
Parsons
MacDonald

The reason there’s no risk is because he can be waived if he’s no good.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The reason there’s no risk is because he can be waived if he’s no good.

Hmm... I get what you mean, but I feel like sending him to the AHL and creating a multi headed monster there wouldn't work great for the young guys.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hmm... I get what you mean, but I feel like sending him to the AHL and creating a multi headed monster there wouldn't work great for the young guys.

Mason probably wouldn’t report so I wouldn’t really be to worried about that either. I think he would just retire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad