Is Ryan the "real" captain of this team?

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Ryan definitely deserves a permanent "A".

From Zibby's interviews, Ryan seems to be doing a very god job of mentoring the younger guys and instilling confidence in them.

Stands up for his teammates, plays with physicality and INTENSITY, tremendously improved his two way game, hustles to break up plays and a great character/personality.

Last edited:

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Of course Ryan is the captain of this team.

0,,~13083080,00.jpeg

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Apparently Alfie wasn't a big talker in the dressing room, but you saw it on the ice. Don't see that with Karlsson. If anything, he has to be rescued from scrums with his hair fluffing in the wind like a little girl.:laugh:

Don't get me wrong, he's usually the best player on both teams, but that doesn't necessarily transcend into a leadership role.

BigBush*

Apparently Alfie wasn't a big talker in the dressing room, but you saw it on the ice. Don't see that with Karlsson. If anything, he has to be rescued from scrums with his hair fluffing in the wind like a little girl.:laugh:

Don't get me wrong, he's usually the best player on both teams, but that doesn't necessarily transcend into a leadership role.

I dunno. Karlsson looked like a captain while playing a fabulous shut down role against LA and Anahiem, and providing the offensive spark needed against Montreal and Florida.

People see what they want to I guess, even if it means Karlsson's less of a leader because of his hair.

The "C" is so overblown anyways, I think anyone that's played competitive hockey knows that. Leadership should be a team effort that rubs off on the new guys on how things are done, not just a few guys with letters giving pre game speeches.

With or without a letter, I imagine Ryan is a big part of the leadership group

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Agreed, I wouldn't have even given him an A. Methot C, Ryan A & Turris A, I'd give the C to Methot the home town guy. Too bad he wasn't already signed before the yr even started.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

True story.. Alfie made Emery eat a cockroach they found in the arena because he was acting up. Alfie had that much pull.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Ryan is a veteran of the league now and knows he has a role to play as a leader on a young team. Letter or no letter the core of this team has changed and Ryan is a significant part of it.

Mentoring the young guys, leading by example, representing the team in a positive light off the ice and being a good community guy are just a few of the things he has taken on as a Sen.
He was over shadowed in Anaheim but here he is looked upon as one of the key guys to take this team to the next level.
I see him embracing the challenge and we are a better team because of it. Along with Karlsson, Methot, Turris and MacArthur the new core is emerging.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
ryan called himself a leader. Says he will make sure the younger guys arent complacent in practice for the buffalo game lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad