Is Ryan the "real" captain of this team?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Seems like everything he does and says shows his leadership qualities more than what Karlsson shows. This season you can tell management is insulating Karlsson from the spotlight and no doubt has told the local media to lay off. Though Karlsson is playing really good as captain it seems he has a lot to learn from Ryan in how to lead.

Was management too quick to anoint Karrlson with the captaincy?

BigBush*

He's so cute! He should be our captain. My little sister thinks so to because she has a crush on him!

Edit: Shake my head!!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
zmke72B.jpg

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Someone asked that same question on the pregame show a week ago and based on what he's been seeing inside the team, Dean Brown made it pretty clear that it's 100% Karlsson's team. Communication between players and coaches, organizing meetings, talking in the room and on the ice, etc.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm not saying Karlsson is bad. I'm just saying Ryan has assumed more of a leadership role with the absence of Phillips and Neil and it shows. I can only imagine it is a similar situation in the dressing room too.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
To me it's a similar situation to when Alfie was captain and Spezza was assistant. Very different leadership styles. One appears to have more "charisma", whereas the other leads more by example and behaviour.

I'm just happy both guys are locked up long term with reasonable deals.

EDIT:

I'm not saying Karlsson is bad. I'm just saying Ryan has assumed more of a leadership role with the absence of Phillips and Neil and it shows. I can only imagine it is a similar situation in the dressing room too.

Exactly, you can only imagine... this thread is entirely unnecessary.

BigBush*

How the **** can we know any of this from just watching games? How the ****?

Answer me that Stylizer?

Good for him, he's playing up to his contract, but why the **** does that make him the real captain of the team

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

^^ clearly not. Also, you pick the guy who you think will be the best captain for the long haul. Giving Karlsson the opportunity to grow into the role is something we can do because we have guys like Ryan, MacArthur, Neil and Phillips.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson made a million little plays that were incredibly effective in neutral zone and along boards defensively that prevented anything from happening and thus avoiding the need to get into scrums in the corner and show his "leadership" lol.

Normally you see this threads by Stylizer when we're losing, guess he didnt wanna wait that long.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Seems like everything he does and says shows his leadership qualities more than what Karlsson shows. This season you can tell management is insulating Karlsson from the spotlight and no doubt has told the local media to lay off. Though Karlsson is playing really good as captain it seems he has a lot to learn from Ryan in how to lead.

Was management too quick to anoint Karrlson with the captaincy?

Holy moly, 2 threads in a row..

My quick take, in all seriousness, this is EK's team. Ryan is wearing an A tonight for a reason, he looks to be becoming a great leader on the ice, and I'm very happy for that. He's the new spokesman of the team, so to speak. Off the ice? Who knows. I can see EK as a great leader and motivator, keeping things light and upbeat. I think EK is really starting to embrace the role. But again, what the hell do we know.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
How the **** can we know any of this from just watching games? How the ****?

Answer me that Stylizer?

Good for him, he's playing up to his contract, but why the **** does that make him the real captain of the team

I love that guy. Does anybody how to follow posters ? This guy seems so drunk all the time! He makes me Lol IRL

Edit I mean DHins, not that stylizer. I was gonna call him a bad name, but I backspaced and deleted it. But just know that I ALMOST cursed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9000!!!!!

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
He's almost like a co-captain.. Assistant captain, if you will..

He wears an A, so I guess he's just doing his job???

BigBush*

He's almost like a co-captain.. Assistant captain, if you will..

He wears an A, so I guess he's just doing his job???

Is Ryan the real assistant of this team? I'd love to see Brennan ask Phillips that while he's out with his body soreness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad