Is Ryan the "real" captain of this team?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
But what about multiple captains?

Calling all Captains.

Captain_Keyshawn_Jason_POSE.jpg

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That guy on the left's effort is more like an assistant captain. Underwhelming leg stand effort.

I saw Ryan trying to wrestle the C off Karlsson after the game with a pair of thread cutters in his hand. Thankfully Phillips and Karlsson stepped in

Lmfaoooo, this is ****ing hilarious.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Is Ryan the real assistant of this team? I'd love to see Brennan ask Phillips that while he's out with his body soreness

I want someone to just punch out Brennan. Don't care who...

Anyway Ryan most certainly can spell INTENSITY. So impressed with him this season. Leader, physical, clutch, backs up his teammates. We don't have a problem if Ryan acts like a leader while Karlsson is Captain. That is what we want. We want Anderson expecting more from the team. Karlsson playing like a force, Methot anchoring the blueline, Ryan being a leader by example on the ice Alfie style. We need the energy of Borowiecki and Pageau... The perfect play of Condra, the veteran experience of Neil, Phillips, MacArthur and Legwand.

How is having a bunch of good leaders and character guys a bad thing? If our three best players are Anderson, Ryan and Karlsson and they are also our leaders... Hmm seems perfect.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I imagine both guys are respected for different reasons by different players. Ryan is the type of guy who would drop the gloves with the other team's captain as a statement. Karlsson is the kinda guy you look at and say wow he has such a high standard for his on ice play. I think both are vocal leaders

just my opinion from my perspective

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
He's so cute! He should be our captain. My little sister thinks so to because she has a crush on him!

Edit: Shake my head!!

For some reason I read shake my bed xD.

DHins really likes Ryan.... Lol

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Nah. He's basically Charlie Brown; he has a lot of pearls of wisdom and is an important part of the gang, but you never remember anything about him once he leaves your sight.

I put off his leadership to his affective issues, he's found a "family" and is overly attached to them at the moment. He should not be our captain as ideally a captain is a homegrown talent that is on an elite level. As much as Karlsson's game can be haphazard (not of late though) he's the guy.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Not so far off, he does play and act like it. I would still say Karlsson is the face of this franchise but depending on the night they switch roles between vice captain and captain.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
He should definitely have an A on his jersey. Methot the other one I guess.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I'll bet Ryan has twice as many interviews as Karlsson this season. The media go to Ryan more often.

I'm sorry to say this but Swedes tend to be a bit boring. There is obviously a language hurdle but other than Landeskog and maybe Lundqvist, there are very few swedes who are fun to listen too.

Ryan is a good interview. Actually, I find Americans a lot more fun to listen to than Canadians.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
He should definitely have an A on his jersey. Methot the other one I guess.

C : Karlsson
Permanent A : B.Ryan
Home A : M.Methot
Away A : Kyle Turris.

It's seems that the primary A goes to Turris this year when there is an injury, but in my opinion Ryan should get it.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
There is no doubt the pending UFA status of Ryan hurt his chances at an A earlier in the year, but I also have little doubt he'll wear an A within the next year.

As to being captain, it's not that important C v A, and we need a leadership group as noted. Karlsson's our best player with a strong personality and clearly a presence and respect amongst his 'mates.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I believe OP was simply looking for a yes or no, I don't know how you guys always manage to get off topic like this.

Yes OP he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad