Is Ryan the "real" captain of this team?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Speaking of leadership on the ice, this mic'd up Karlsson mentoring Cowen is legendary.

tumblr_n7my1mHijE1qdbe91o1_500.gif

RedSeven*

No. But he is definitely the real Assistant Captain on this team.

EK -C
BOBBY -A
NEIL -A

Phillips - obligatory pretend ceremonial A

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Because best with media equals capitan right? That's why every company's public relations chief is also CEO.

RedSeven*

Are you forgetting on ice leadership?

What about all the quotes from Zbanejad and Hoffman on the paper talking about Ryan and how amazing the guy is.

Or what about Bobby standing up for the Captain on the ice or hugging Karlsson and a couple of others after that crazy 3 minute shift.

There is also a reason he is was given the A during the injuries.

He's awesome.

I really think its great for the players to see how Alfie is treated by the City and the Fans and moments like yesterday will hopefully motivate some of them to want that bond with the city.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I really think its great for the players to see how Alfie is treated by the City and the Fans and moments like yesterday will hopefully motivate some of them to want that bond with the city.

This is a really good point. And I think Ryan is an intelligent dude, and sees it and wants to be the next adored player here. I believe he can and will be. There've already been some BOBBY BOBBY chants in his short time here.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Looks to me like we have a solid leadership core, like we used to have.

It's great to see the core guys get along so well, it creates an atmosphere in the room that guys want to be a part of.

Great news!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I find the mic dude kinda abuses with the BOBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RYANNNNNNN chant whenever his name is announced.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
What about all the quotes from Zbanejad and Hoffman on the paper talking about Ryan and how amazing the guy is.

Or what about Bobby standing up for the Captain on the ice or hugging Karlsson and a couple of others after that crazy 3 minute shift.

<-----------

I find the mic dude kinda abuses with the BOBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RYANNNNNNN chant whenever his name is announced.

You'll have to take that up with Stuntman Stu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad