Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Demoted to Press Box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
To me it looks more like they aren't as resilient to losing anymore at these ages.
They were resilient enough to cover for mistakes when they were younger, sure. But now that they can't, it's up to the coach to preach responsibility instead of relying on athleticism that they had 5 years ago to bail them out. :dunno:

Time is the great destroyer, but at the same time, you don't have to keep playing a style you can no longer play because it's what you had success with 5 years go. That's f***ing stupid.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Like, I know Letang and Sid were the closest to the actual goal scorer and didn't do a very good job on that play. But I just can't get over where Rust is. Like what in the actual f*** is he doing at center ice?

It's one thing if he flew the zone when he saw we had full control of the puck, but the first picture shows we still didn't have the puck under control when he's already outside. And by the time Sid has the puck along the boards, Rust is literally at the RED LINE.

It's like Rust took his assignment literally and so he stuck to his man even when said man went for a line change.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Like, I know Letang and Sid were the closest to the actual goal scorer and didn't do a very good job on that play. But I just can't get over where Rust is. Like what in the actual f*** is he doing at center ice?

It's one thing if he flew the zone when he saw we had full control of the puck, but the first picture shows we still didn't have the puck under control when he's already outside. And by the time Sid has the puck along the boards, Rust is literally at the RED LINE.

It's like Rust took his assignment literally and so he stuck to his man even when said man went for a line change.

I’m pretty sure he was trying to change and got interfered with. That was my take away watching it live was that some idiot on the GCR changed while we lost possession in our own zone.

It’s interesting Rust had this same issue last time he got paid. He sucked for half a year and then exploded for like 18 goals and 32 points in half a season or something crazy.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I’m pretty sure he was trying to change and got interfered with. That was my take away watching it live was that some idiot on the GCR changed while we lost possession in our own zone.

It’s interesting Rust had this same issue last time he got paid. He sucked for half a year and then exploded for like 18 goals and 32 points in half a season or something crazy.
I don't think that's the case because in both pictures he's facing back to the D-zone. If his intent (no matter how stupid) was to go for a change, his back should be to the play the entire time as he's racing to the bench. But in both pictures his body is turned toward the D-zone and not the Pens' bench.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I don't think that's the case because in both pictures he's facing back to the D-zone. If his intent (no matter how stupid) was to go for a change, his back should be to the play the entire time as he's racing to the bench. But in both pictures his body is turned toward the D-zone and not the Pens' bench.

Yeah, I was super confused after seeing it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You gotta a quote for that?

He's over committing a ton in our d-zone and the offensive zone and getting regularly burned by it.
No quote but I saw some tweets at the time and then see the comment at the bottom of this article after the game….

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
No quote but I saw some tweets at the time and then see the comment at the bottom of this article after the game….

I feel like they are saying he is a healthy scratch because he isn't on IR.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I feel like they are saying he is a healthy scratch because he isn't on IR.
I dont think so…they watch the practices, he’s been skating with the team with no mention of him still being injured…I mean maybe it would behoove a member of the fourth estate to actually ask Sullivan if POJ is back to full health and let us know, but I think they know he’s fine and just haven’t spelled it out for us that directly

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I dont think so…they watch the practices, he’s been skating with the team with no mention of him still being injured…I mean maybe it would behoove a member of the fourth estate to actually ask Sullivan if POJ is back to full health and let us know, but I think they know he’s fine and just haven’t spelled it out for us that directly

Joseph (lower body) won't be in the lineup Tuesday versus the Maple Leafs.
ANALYSIS
Joseph will miss a third straight game with the injury. His next chance to return is Thursday in Minnesota. Considering he was questionable leading up to Tuesday's game, he should be fairly close to a return.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Joseph (lower body) won't be in the lineup Tuesday versus the Maple Leafs.
ANALYSIS
Joseph will miss a third straight game with the injury. His next chance to return is Thursday in Minnesota. Considering he was questionable leading up to Tuesday's game, he should be fairly close to a return.

Yeah, no idea where they got this from if the local guys are saying healthy scratch but then again the local media sucks lol

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

No teammate of any value in a professional environment is going to straight out throw their teammate under the bus, regardless of how they are feeling about said teammate. Just look at Crosbys reaction to the question asked to him in the tweet. He looks like a guy that just wants to let loose but knows he can't.

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I mean, the obvious thing to do is to switch Rust and Rakell for both ES and PP roles. L1 was fine/great in that setup, and there has never been a time where Geno and Rust were bad together. With Zucker in this vein of form it is hard to see a real downside.

Demoting Rust to L3 to punish him and not his linemates is an iffy choice, IMO. Would be different if we had other obvious top 6 candidates, but Sully would just put Rakell on the 1st, Carter on the 2nd and Blue on the third. Commence the Geno bashing.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

the difference this time is that back then he was snakebit, he was getting chances and was somewhat defensively responsible (although they were steel leaking chances, they just were lucky with unsustainable PDO), this time he is not even in position, just floating around...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
His shooting percentage is much lower than his career percentage.
he is around the same number of shots 2 per game 5 on 5 and 3 per game all situations....and his shooting percentage is the same 5 on 5 around 8.5% 8.8% this year, its that he was scoring PP goals last year and his shooting percentage in all situations (PP and EN included) was over 13 % last year where this year is still a little bit over 8%. Anyways, this still does not include missed shots, last year even when he was cold, he still had great opportunities, this year he just looks meh

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rust looks absolutely frightened at taking contact and that includes going to the front of the net and mixing it up…tells me he either is nursing an injury or trying to avoid getting one at all costs, to the detriment of the team

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Rust looks absolutely frightened at taking contact and that includes going to the front of the net and mixing it up…tells me he either is nursing an injury or trying to avoid getting one at all costs, to the detriment of the team
why would we play guys nursing injury at this junction, does not make any sense

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad