Tribute Is Reavo the Worst Leaf Ever?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021

This team could decide to dress a functional 4th line with say Gregor-Holmberg-insert Marlies player here, but they just don't want too.

They need more than 4th line.
Reaves, Domi, Bertuzzi, Klingberg are all bad and must go. They the most uninspired bunch I have seen.
Oh and Keefe!

Me too unfortunately.

Reaves is next to useless, if he isn't going to fight or slap around dirty little pukes like Marchand he needs to go to the Marlies because he can't play hockey.

As for worst player ever Jeff Brubaker and Brian Curran are up there with Higgins who at least could win fights.

Oh and Toskala was bad, but he was Ed Belfour compared to Jiri Crha.
Oh, Kurt Walker?

Sep 18, 2009
You need some real grinders and goons but they need to be able to play hockey no point asking the undertaker to lace them up

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I think this thread is what’s wrong with the fan base. The team is playing like shit and Reaves is the worst forward per se, as he was expected to be. He was brought in for a different reason. He was never going to be the make or break player. He’s literally getting scapegoated. The D and both our goalies are more of the reason for our awful start than him, yet he’s got like 3 negative threads either directly or indirectly about him.
I agree it's not really fair but: signing him + giving 2.5 to Kampf made it next to impossible to have a functional 3rd or 4th line.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I thought it would be really bad but I am pretty surprised that e.g. he can't even rag the puck down low for even a couple seconds even if he's already set up there, say behind the opposition net, and the puck travels around the boards a nice easy pace toward him.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
He won’t be on this team beyond this season
So we get stuck with a 250k cap hit for two years going forward just to improve the locker room playlist this year? …. That sounds like a prudent use of cap space.

They need more than 4th line.
Reaves, Domi, Bertuzzi, Klingberg are all bad and must go. They the most uninspired bunch I have seen.
Oh and Keefe!

Oh, Kurt Walker?
Almost like they should’ve just kept the old GM, eh?

Reactions: thinkblue

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
We are brainwashed to think getting old veteran players like Reeves would miraculously change the locker room. We have tried yrs after yrs getting these type of players and in the end if they can’t skate or hold their hold on the ice. Then what is the use of a enforcer.?

Fans proclaimed having a enforcer would prevent cheap shots. Reeves from the bench?

Lilly says “hello”

You can not put Reeves on the ice to chase around someone because he can only skate in one direction really slow.

But the media blamed Keefer and fans believed the mediots…go figure.

Guess Domi and Reeves and Burt are all saving their pushback till playoffs? Just wait we hear…that’s when they shine :)

Too funny

Domi hasn’t been much better and has their been a more overrated FA then Burtuzzi? Talk and lanky and can’t follow simple directions from the coach.

We have the worst 3rd and 4th lines in the league…..that falls on the GM and the coach.

Playofff hockey will come and Reeves might have a role but then again every time he touches the ice he ends up a minus player and goals will be hard to come by in playoffs as rules changes to help the goons clutching and grabbing and interference.

Guess we can look forward in seeing Reeves yap from the bench as it’s the only real productive thing he can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Almost like they should’ve just kept the old GM, eh?

Man for the money we used on Reaves, Bertuzzi and Klingberg we could’ve signed Karlsson and Robertson could be in Domi or Bertuzzi’s place right now and we also have Timmins who’s better than Klingberg anyway. Then there’s Domi and Kampf when we should’ve kept Schenn and Acciari plus we have Holmberg and Minten to play in Kampf’s place, neither of these guys would be much of a downgrade even while they’re just learning the NHL game. Like honestly look how bad the Sharks are this season and add Karlsson to this team without these other plugs and we would be laughing.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Me too unfortunately.

Reaves is next to useless, if he isn't going to fight or slap around dirty little pukes like Marchand he needs to go to the Marlies because he can't play hockey.

As for worst player ever Jeff Brubaker and Brian Curran are up there with Higgins who at least could win fights.

Oh and Toskala was bad, but he was Ed Belfour compared to Jiri Crha.

BRUUUUU!. lol

Did Brubaker ever win a fight?. If he did, it's not documented anywhere.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
I've seen David Clarkson, Colton Orr, Fraser McLaren, Paul Ranger, Mark Frasor, Tim Connolly, Cory Cross, Aki Berg, Wade Belak, Ryan Hollweg, Trevor Kidd, Gareth Sparks, Carter Ashton, Wayne Simmonds, Mariusz Czerkawski, Luca Caputi, Mike Van Ryn, Mark Bell, Brett Lebda, Jeff Finger, and such...
I'd rather them all than Ryan Reaves

Reactions: BigBlu

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
As the title suggests. This guy literally does nothing out there. Ever. might be the worst player to ever actually lace up and play in the league.
Every single stat both fancy and traditional say he’s the worst skater in the whole league and the eye test isn’t much better. If he’s not going to drive guys like Marchand through the boards when they actively maim one of our useful players and he’s not going to retaliate Vs Carlo or someone else, then dare I ask “what is it you say you do here?” Cause from what I see he’s here for TikTok’s and vibes.
Paul Higgins says hi

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Toskala worst goalie, Lebda worst defenceman, Kordic worst forward (but at least he fought), Beverley worst coach (but he was dealt a terrible hand). Reaves rising fast on the most useless player ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad