Tribute Is Reavo the Worst Leaf Ever?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
As the title suggests. This guy literally does nothing out there. Ever. might be the worst player to ever actually lace up and play in the league.
Every single stat both fancy and traditional say he’s the worst skater in the whole league and the eye test isn’t much better. If he’s not going to drive guys like Marchand through the boards when they actively maim one of our useful players and he’s not going to retaliate Vs Carlo or someone else, then dare I ask “what is it you say you do here?” Cause from what I see he’s here for TikTok’s and vibes.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Cool thread idea. Team is going nowhere, may as well have some fun. Trying to think of who else we've had that's been really useless, hard to pick one but I'm sure others will have a few suggestions.

This thread should be fun. :laugh::laugh:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Cool thread idea. Team is going nowhere, may as well have some fun. Trying to think of who else we've had that's been really useless, hard to pick one but I'm sure others will have a few suggestions.

This thread should be fun. :laugh::laugh:
Thanks Gary! Figured it would be fun to drag up a list of forgettable figures who dawned the blue and white.
Imo At least the face punchers of the past actively pursued the other teams mutant on a nightly basis.

Kyle Dubas
Currently Kyles players are carrying Tre’s borderline sabotage like additions

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
If it is, then Treliving seems determined to catch up to him.

Seriously though, I think Dubas was a lot better than people give him credit for, I'll just leave it at that.
Yup, no one’s perfect and he had his flaws but it feels like a certain type of person couldn’t get over the fact a guy who looked like the nice guy their daughter might bring home was running their hockey team and not some rough “lifer” as if Kyle isn’t the embodiment of a lifer himself, just at the beginning of that journey.
Also this start to the season is showing me that more of the issues lay at the feet of shanny and not Kyle.
I still think what really pushed Kyle out the door was him wanting to change this group up and shanny not having any of it.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If it is, then Treliving seems determined to catch up to him.

Seriously though, I think Dubas was a lot better than people give him credit for, I'll just leave it at that.
If you or we had been told on May 11, 2018 that by November 4, 2023, we'd have a single series win, you/we would've laughed at said person and and told them they knew absolutely nothing about anything.

What Kyle did, takes some serious doing. No other GM on this league could've replicated those results. Only 15% of this board could've replicated those results. Truthfully.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
If you or we had been told on May 11, 2018 that by November 4, 2023, we'd have a single series win, you/we would've laughed at said person and and told them they knew absolutely nothing about anything.

What Kyle did, takes some serious doing. No other GM on this league could've replicated those results. Only 15% of this board could've replicated those results. Truthfully.
Was Kyle on the ice for their failures? GM’s build teams players go on cup runs.
He built plenty of teams on paper that should’ve performed better than they did. That’s more on the guys in the room than the guy upstairs.
I started this thread to talk about the guys on the ice but as usual a certain corner of this place just can’t go 24 hours without screaming “Dooobasss”. Rent free forever in your heads.
Same people probably fly flags proclaiming their desire to sleep with the PM

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Lol... no he isn't great but he's far from the worst... holy shit... when did you start watching the Leafs lol
Actively? 1991. When do memories of leaf players begin for me? About 1989. I’m 40. He stinks and struggle to come up with worse guys relative to the league at that time.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Actively? 1991. When do memories of leaf players begin for me? About 1989. I’m 40. He stinks and struggle to come up with worse guys relative to the league at that time.

I think the era of Brown, Orr, and McLaren, I mean those three are probably on par or worse.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I think the era of Brown, Orr, and McLaren, I mean those three are probably on par or worse.
Those guys served their roles in their era though. They also at least were a deterrent. Reaves is none of that
They are strong contenders imo though

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yeah but I'm not sure how he's supposed to be able to look into the souls of our core players and realize that they will always get to game 7, and then fold.

I'm putting the blame on the core, and mostly on M&M. And if Dubas would have moved one or both of them a few years ago, the outcry would have been enormous. I suggested looking into what we could get for Marner after losing to MTL 2 years ago and people wanted to hang me from the highest flagpole.

99 out of 100 GM's would have stuck with this core. JMHO.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Those guys served their roles in their era though. They also at least were a deterrent. Reaves is none of that
They are strong contenders imo though

I thought we were talking hockey-wise... Ya, they had a purpose back then... that role is not so relevant now.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
He may very well be.

I was doing to say David Steckel or Andy Wozniewski but I think even they contributed more than what Reaves has the potential to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad