Tribute Is Reavo the Worst Leaf Ever?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Actively? 1991. When do memories of leaf players begin for me? About 1989. I’m 40. He stinks and struggle to come up with worse guys relative to the league at that time.
Well we're in the same boat so fair enough but for me I can think of many.

I think people hate the contract more than the player. If it was 1 year... even 2 ... sure... 3 is stupid.

That's my problem.

He can still be good this year but he needs to assert himself and punch someone out like last game (was a good opportunity for that). Even if it isn't Marchand it should of been a guy his size to send a message.

I hope they know that now. Should of already known that.

You wonder who is calling the shots though. Keefe seemed pissed... are they getting a call before that from above saying becareful?
I know tinfoil hat but how they did nothing is weird.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I thought we were talking hockey-wise... Ya, they had a purpose back then... that role is not so relevant now.
I just mean overall usefulness on the ice, they were equally bad at hockey but at l was st fulfilled their roles better.
I thought brown was a relentless forechecker for a time as well.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think Reaves wasn't brought in to play hockey, he was brought in with the hope that he could light a fire under the rest of them. So far, it's not working. Maybe this group is beyond fixing.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Well we're in the same boat so fair enough but for me I can think of many.

I think people hate the contract more than the player. If it was 1 year... even 2 ... sure... 3 is stupid.

That's my problem.

He can still be good this year but he needs to assert himself and punch someone out like last game (was a good opportunity for that). Even if it isn't Marchand it should of been a guy his size to send a message.

I hope they know that now. Should of already known that.

You wonder who is calling the shots though. Keefe seemed pissed... are they getting a call before that from above saying becareful?
I know tinfoil hat but how they did nothing is weird.
Keefe and shanny both played on the edge so I doubt it’s coming from them. Keefer only had an nhl shot because he was prickly. Don’t see him actively telling them to not respond.
I think it’s JT and Mitch. Way too cool for school and just way too nice of guys

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not even f***ing close, you clearly don't remember the Woz Andy Wozneski

Or Cory Cross

Or Aki Berg

Etc.
Aki berg was a serviceable 3rd pair d for a number of years, he got his share of grief for not meeting expectations but he’s definitely not even close to making this list
Ditto for cross.
I swear some people who have watched hockey their whole lives still have no idea what they’re watching

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Old school picks:

Gary Yaremchuk
Rich Costello (we literally trade Sittler for this dud)
Cowboy Flett

Reactions: Nylanderthal

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Aki berg was a serviceable 3rd pair d for a number of years, he got his share of grief for not meeting expectations but he’s definitely not even close to making this list
Ditto for cross.
I swear some people who have watched hockey their whole lives still have no idea what they’re watching

Cross was awful

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Cross was awful
Not as bad as Reaves and others mentioned here so far imo
David Clarkson
at least he came off the bench in preseason in defence of our star forward who was being chased around by a literal mutant.
Reaves wouldn’t even look 5’7” Marchand in the eyes while our top young D was being carted off the ice

I am still happy Tre signed Reeves.
Christopher Reeves would’ve been a better use of cap and contract space

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
andrew-raycroft-2008-38.jpg

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I think Reaves wasn't brought in to play hockey, he was brought in with the hope that he could light a fire under the rest of them. So far, it's not working. Maybe this group is beyond fixing.
Then scratch him and dress someone who can actually eat some minutes. Going 11-6 every night is going to wear down our actual useful players too early

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

at least he came off the bench in preseason in defence of our star forward who was being chased around by a literal mutant.
Reaves wouldn’t even look 5’7” Marchand in the eyes while our top young D was being carted off the ice

Did you watch the game? He was the only one yelling at him. I know he’s not well liked but let’s not make things up.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Not in hockey though.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Did you watch the game? He was the only one yelling at him. I know he’s not well liked but let’s not make things up.
I watch every game and all I saw was a bunch of dudes looking in the other direction. Marchy skated over to the leafs bench to make sure they all had a chance to embarrass themselves

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Then scratch him and dress someone who can actually eat some minutes. Going 11-6 every night is going to wear down our actual useful players too early
Fine with me, I don't really care anymore who plays. No matter who they send out there it's a bunch of pansies anyway.

As far as players go, I got one. LOL Paul Higgins, good luck topping that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad