Tribute Is Reavo the Worst Leaf Ever?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
he is the least of our problems holy crap u guys.

If it feels like bad things happen every time Ryan Reaves hits the ice, it's because they are...

He is -9 in only 13 games, playing less than 8 minutes a night... if he stays in the lineup over 82 games, that's -56. He is currently the 13th worst in the league, and 7 of the guys who are even worse are San Jose Sharks.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If he got 5 goals scored on him in 7 mins TOI probably.

Just watching Reaves he is possibly the worst skater in the league by a good margin and gets winded after a 20 second shift in the first period, his hands and IQ are nonexistent and he’s constantly behind the play. The other team scores on him at will because they’re basically on a PP whenever he’s on the ice except we get hemmed in even worse because we don’t at least get to ice the puck legally despite effectively being down a man.

Be honest, if you could pick between the following which one would it be?

45 second shift of Reaves-Kampf-Gregor
Or
45 second shift of Kampf-Gregor but we’re allowed to ice it

The worst part is he doesn't even do the tough guy things he's supposed to be doing so you could point to 1 or 2 big hits that changed the momentum, the time he started the scrum or the fight that settled things down. He sucks at all the things we knew he would be bad at, and doesn't do the few things he's paid to.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know if Reaves is the worst player 'ever', but I don't know why Brad felt the need to sign him to 3 YEARS instead of just one even if you really wanted to get him on your team. Made no sense to me to sign a guy like Reaves for multiple years just so he can play 10 or less minutes a night probably doing relatively little other than laying a few hits and having the occasional fight.

I didn't like this signing from day 1 and I still don't get why Brad couldn't have found someone more useful to fill the tough guy role while still being able to play decent hockey.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'm beginning to think Shanahan and Treliving are threatening to fire Keefe if Reaves is ever made a healthy scratch.

Honestly makes me think Keefe may not be around for long. The style Brad likes is not being transposed on the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad