Is Ralph Kreuger making a return to NHL?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Pretty sure if he comes back to the NHL it will be as a President not a coach. Canucks should be all over him as they need someone in the worst way to take over and lead this team.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
He was coaching hockey in England? I can't find any record of that. Southampton?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He was coaching hockey in England? I can't find any record of that. Southampton?

I can't tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or not haha, but if it isn't, he was the director/chairman of Southampton FC, a football(soccer) team in the Premier League.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
He was in the EPL in soccer. He was in some kind of management position. He has not been in any hockey-related position since being let go from the Oilers, if I am not mistaken.

Oh. Would be nice if the OP specified it was soccer.

But being so removed from hockey, may not be so easy for him. Was never impressed with him as a coach though his tenure was short. What's so special about him?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I can't tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or not haha, but if it isn't, he was the director/chairman of Southampton FC, a football(soccer) team in the Premier League.

The OP never mentioned he was in soccer. He just mentioned a team that could've very well been a hockey team in England. I remember Fleury played hockey in England so yea I guess there are leagues there

It is an important point to make considering he's been out of the mix in hockey for a while

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He was in the EPL in soccer. He was in some kind of management position. He has not been in any hockey-related position since being let go from the Oilers, if I am not mistaken.

Pretty much.

He did do some consulting for Team Canada and then coached Team Europe, but that's it.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

He was the coach of Team Europe in the world cup of hockey in 2016 who certainly played above there heads if I recall

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
What is a "solid stylistic team?"
Sorry it's probably a weird way to say it as I'm not sure how to. He was never able to develop a team with a set system and style of play. He generally just put players in a position to succeed and motivated them which worked for young players and short term but didnt translate to long-term success.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Sorry it's probably a weird way to say it as I'm not sure how to. He was never able to develop a team with a set system and style of play. He generally just put players in a position to succeed and motivated them which worked for young players and short term but didnt translate to long-term success.

I'm sorry but 40 games is an awfully short period of time to build a culture and work a system. You'll notice that defensemen that switch teams mid-season take about this long before they can even learn to be effective. Guys like Erik Karlsson or Rasmus Dahlin aren't immune to this either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad