Is Ralph Kreuger making a return to NHL?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Jason Botterill tried to interview Krueger 2 years ago before hiring Housley. At the time he wasn’t ready to return to the NHL.

I am hoping Botterill approaches him again.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Won the league championship his first year in Southampton.

Came back to coach the 'Leftover' team at the World Cup of Hockey and surprised the **** out of everyone with a 2nd place finish.

Also that horrible Oilers squad he coached was almost in a playoff spot and made a massive leap the year he coached. Also managed to get Yakupov scoring at a high rate.

A lot of us Oiler fans were pretty upset he was let go.

He gets a lot out of his teams.
Revisionist history only because of who followed him. Remember the old Wreck-it-Ralph thread? Plenty of Oilers fans didn't like him. I don't recall anyone lamenting the loss of Kreuger when he was canned.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Revisionist history only because of who followed him. Remember the old Wreck-it-Ralph thread? Plenty of Oilers fans didn't like him. I don't recall anyone lamenting the loss of Kreuger when he was canned.

I think that was mainly because we all thought he should be playing Yakupov more.

Might be a case of us being wrong over revisionist history.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
If he decides to come back it will be for a front office job. He isn't leaving Europe to be a coach in the NHL

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Yeah, I think Maurice would help Buffalo, he is not the guy to take you to the cup, but he can develop a team.
Sounds good to me.

Buffalo doesn’t need a coach to get them over some playoff hump to get to the Cup.

They need someone that can get them back to respectability, and then competing for a playoff spot every year.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Doesn't the fact that they are not renewing his contract kind of clear up some of the mystery for you?
Do we know for sure he wasn’t offered an extension?
If he decides to come back it will be for a front office job. He isn't leaving Europe to be a coach in the NHL
Why? Some guys have a passion for coaching. Yes he took 5 years off to take a role in a completely different sport but agreed to coach a team for a 2 week period while having a job in a different sport.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Yes. Southampton said they would not offer him an extension.

"Following recent talks with shareholders Mr Gao and Katharina Liebherr, it was agreed by all parties that Ralph’s contract would not be extended beyond its end date of June 30th."

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
kreuger is the best head coach the oilers have had this decade. he actually managed to get something out of that atrocious roster

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Why? Some guys have a passion for coaching. Yes he took 5 years off to take a role in a completely different sport but agreed to coach a team for a 2 week period while having a job in a different sport.
LeBrun already had an article like 2 weeks ago where he interviewed Krueger and he said he may return to the NHL but in a management role. He doesn’t seem to want to coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad