Is Phaneuf The Most Wild Shooter Of All Time?

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Francois Beauchamin towards the end of his career could give Neon Dion a run for his money. Currently though, its gotta be Neon Dion.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
An older player,but one Gaston Gingras comes to mind here....I remember everybody diving out of the way when that guy wound up

Reactions: VaporTrail

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
When I go to a gun range, I shoot the way you are supposed to shoot. None of this new age, looking-through-your-sight-or-taking-up-a-point-of-aim garbage.

You hold the rifle at the hip and just close your eyes before squeezing what feels like the trigger. Its gunna either hit the target or a bystander to your left who happened to look a little bit like the target when you squint really hard, but you know its gonna make a hole in something.
uhh

yeah dude

good one

Reactions: ESH

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
An older player,but one Gaston Gingras comes to mind here....I remember everybody diving out of the way when that guy wound up
First name that came to mind. Gaston Gingras had a cannon that was a greater danger to the fans (no netting) than the goalies.

Reactions: topshelf15

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Brad May's signature move with the Avalanche was having an open net a foot from the crease and putting his shot two feet out side the post.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I remember when he was thought of as an elite D-man. Damn I feel old now.
Until he met Elisha Cuthbert then Phaneufs decline began. Its like in the NFL when Tony Romo met Jessica Simpson.
Phaneuf had a goal last night that deflected off another teams player, i was hoping he'd set a record for most games without a goal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My father/grandfather said that Eddie Shack was the wildest shooter. "He would fire the puck just to hear the sound of the backboards"...

...which kind of sounds like Dion.
Ha...forgot about him. Shack was like a less talented, and way more crazy Clutterbuck who fought....a lot.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
First name that came to mind. Gaston Gingras had a cannon that was a greater danger to the fans (no netting) than the goalies.
Bingo! We have a winner.

Watching the warm-up from behind the visitor's end in the old Edmonton Coliseum was downright dangerous when Gingras was in town. There was no net back then and this guys was so unpredictable no one had any idea where it was going.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
When he was in Calgary he hit everything in sight and scored from. The blue line quite a bit. When he came to TO he stopped hitting and his shot went high and wide almost all the time.

His shot went high and wide most of the time in Calgary too. By the end, I hated having him on our PP, since he would pretty much shoot anytime he got the puck and it would generally get blocked and then cleared, or go wide and rim around the boards and out of the zone.

Not sure if he was more frustrating to watch in the offensive end or the defensive end.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Jiri Slegr used to be just plain dangerous every time he shot from the point. Eventually he nearly took teammate Jason Arnott’s head off with a shot and all the commentators could say was that they were surprised it hadn’t happened earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad