Is Phaneuf The Most Wild Shooter Of All Time?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Watching his awful shot tonight brought me back to his Toronto days where he would take clear shots from the point that would somehow end up hitting the top of the glass.

It just amazes me how someone can miss so badly so consistently throughout his career, why can't he fix this and does it make him the most wild shooter of all time?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
If he never took another shot attempt his teams corsi would skyrocket. I can't imagine how many times he's lost the offensive zone off one of his missed shots.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This guy still has the mentality that he can score from center.

I've seen this guy skate up the middle of the ice and just hammer a slapper just before the red line.
It usually misses the net, then boom ICING.

Then the opposing teams 1st line comes over the boards, and wins the face-off, then trapped again in his own zone.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
When he was in Calgary he hit everything in sight and scored from. The blue line quite a bit. When he came to TO he stopped hitting and his shot went high and wide almost all the time.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
When he was in Calgary he hit everything in sight and scored from. The blue line quite a bit. When he came to TO he stopped hitting and his shot went high and wide almost all the time.
What? Dion was still plenty physical in Toronto. One thing I always liked about him was that he was aggressive, but still a clean hitter. Always keeps the elbows tucked, shoulder to chest.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Watching his awful shot tonight brought me back to his Toronto days where he would take clear shots from the point that would somehow end up hitting the top of the glass.

It just amazes me how someone can miss so badly so consistently throughout his career, why can't he fix this and does it make him the most wild shooter of all time?
Haven't seen this one in a while. Phaneuf hit the net at a very normal rate for a high volume shooter from the back end. The whole idea that he couldn't hit the net is a perfect example of illusory truth effect, it's said so much that people just assume it must be true. It might have changed the last few years, but that would only mean a player with very normal accuracy in his shots is getting older.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hes one of few guys that love pounding it in hard, its all tip shots and soft wristers now

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Haven't seen this one in a while. Phaneuf hit the net at a very normal rate for a high volume shooter from the back end. The whole idea that he couldn't hit the net is a perfect example of illusory truth effect, it's said so much that people just assume it must be true. It might have changed the last few years, but that would only mean a player with very normal accuracy in his shots is getting older.

Post the numbers, I want to see them.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

When he was a Leaf, it seemed to me that he missed the net a LOT on the PP (from observing him), but maybe his accuracy wasn't as bad as I thought. Also, it could have looked bad compared to that of Kessel, JVR and others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad